Thread: Envy Among Other Sins

Default Envy Among Other Sins

About a month ago I wrote about my brother inheriting 30 grand. In that moment all I could see was red, in fact all I could see for quite a few weeks was red. My little brother had always been very cruel to my older brother, and I so when I found out that he was receiving this money I just couldn't deal with it.

I was in so much pain, so much anger, and so much jealousy that I just couldn't understand why he was the better of us three.

I know now that he's not, and just last Saturday I received my Associates and High School diploma. I'm 19, and I'm going to receive my Bachelors in Physical Therapy in 3 years. My older brother has a beautiful little family, and they aren't struggling as badly as several other families in my area. We're alright, we're not rich, and we're not sure what the future will hold for us. But, we're OK.

I'm still not talking to my younger brother for several reasons beyond the whole money issue, and I feel good. People tell me that he still talks about me, and my older brother but we're still alright.

If he wants a relationship it's his move, we've tried for too long with no success and just so much pain.

For those that read that particular post, I apologize for sounding like a whiny two year old. The only thing I felt at that time was pain, and having another tell me that I was being silly just made it worse. I'm still too young to understand so many things, and my emotions are just something I can't cope with. Especially when it comes to something like this.

So, I'm sorry for everyone I may have hurt or just annoyed. I truly mean that.

I don't think an apology was necessary. I think most of us would be pretty pissed; $30,000 is a lot of dough to give to what sounds like an insolent little bastard.

I agree with Grizzy there's no need to apologize. I'm sure that anyone who read the last one would know that you were upset and not to wouldn't take anything personally. Also glad you feel better!

I'm glad you're feeling better

Just remember, 30 000$ isn't nearly as usefull as your degree, not to mention that unless your brother is very smart with how he spends/invest it he won't derive much use of it - believe me.

And honnestly, I don't think it was ever about the money - from what I've read, you already had a bad relationship with him, and his attitude towards his inheritence was the straw that broke the cammel's back.

Anyway, don't worry about sounding greedy or whiny. We're all greedy to a point, and we all need to vent frustrations once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone