Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving help

Default Shaving help

So I'm looking at myself and I have some stomach and starting to get some chest hair. But for some reason it discusts me to see it! Then my legs are soo hairy I really want to shave them. But it takes soo long to do it. But I have a great excuse! I usually tell my friends, that with my long baseball Socks, from running and all that. The socks rip my hair out and it really hurts!

And my "special area" Is what I
    Mostly need help with. I use a normal razor for my face down there, I don't even shave against the grain. Well next thing I know I have a bunch of ingrown hairs! Owwww! ="(

How can I shave or what to use there so it doesn't happen?

And what can I use for my legs?

You could use depilatory cream, although itīs a little expensive and some people are allergic to it. Except for that and the traditional method I donīt know many other ways of removing hair

If you can get a face razor with a trimmer attachment you might have better luck "down there" - you can trim it short, then shave normally and hopefully avoid ingrown hairs. Are you using foam etc to keep the area moisturised while shaving?

As for your legs and chest, a long term method is waxing - it takes the roots out so they have to grow again from scratch. If you shave, you'll need to shave again every couple of days to avoid stubble. I guess you could also go for a "sack crack and back" wax - but I expect that will be *very* painful...

As ShadowHare said, you could also use a hair removal cream like Nair - but you need to do a skin test to check for allergies first - and I don't know if it's safe for a gentlemen part either.

Loopygone

Yea, I'd seriously advise against using Nair on your Meat and Two veg. It does burn a little, and is full of evil chemicals. Fine on your legs which will just feel a little tender for an hour or so after, but your Joystick is a little more sensitive to it.

Also with shaving down there, it takes a while for the skin to get used to it, the more you do it the less likely your are to get ingrown hairs. Personally I much prefer just to give it a quick trim vs shaving fully.

All the professional cyclists I know and many other elite athletes, track, swimmers shave body hair. I believe even some women do I know weightlifters do and if you have spent anytime in a gym you will see how many people actually do remove body hair. Look at some of th classical ancient sculptures and you will see many without body hair. The ancient greek olympics I believe they removed body hair too. It is not only a modern thing.

At the end of the day personal comfort comes into it. I do not grow whiskers as they make my face itch and burn. I do not think it is something other people will worry about.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Sorry I forgot. You can either ask in a sports store, a physiotherapist store a pharmacy. I know there are pubic shavers you can buy from online physio stores. They are for incontinent persons, evidently pubic hair absorbs odours hence the reason physio stores sell them.

Default About shaving....

Well, to begin, I can only guess that you would assume, by the thread's placement that this isn't about facial hair. I've read around, and made preparations.

I have lots of shaving cream, a new razor, a mirror, and even calamine lotion for tomorrow (as I am told, it will itch terribly tomorrow).

Anything I'm missing before I start and mess things up? I know the common sense: BE VERY CAREFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Well, to begin, I can only guess that you would assume, by the thread's placement that this isn't about facial hair. I've read around, and made preparations.

I have lots of shaving cream, a new razor, a mirror, and even calamine lotion for tomorrow (as I am told, it will itch terribly tomorrow).

Anything I'm missing before I start and mess things up? I know the common sense: BE VERY CAREFUL.
    Shave with the grain, not against it. If this is your first time, trim it before you use the razor OR bring a couple extra razors. Personally, I find shaving cream to irritate it more than anything. I just do it with a constant stream of water from the shower to provide lubrication.

I wouldn't shave your diaper area with a razor if I were you. It may be smooth at first, but in a couple days it will become very itchy, your skin will have reactions from the hair coming out and there may even be some blood. For this area in particular I use a Philips Bodygroom. For arms and legs a razor should be fine as long as you are careful not to cut yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Tapatalk

Heh, I've been shaving there with a razor for a couple years now and I've never once had a problem with itching or anything else. My only advice is that if you're going to use shaving cream, make sure it does NOT have menthol in it. Won't be making that mistake again myself...ouch

First time is the hardest though, I will say that, after that just keep up with it.

I have very sensitive skin. I tried it once, never again. Now I just use trimmers. Get's close enough and avoid the razor burn and in-grown hairs.