Thread: Favorite show on a premium channel, HBO,SHOtime,Encore ect...

Default Favorite show on a premium channel, HBO,SHOtime,Encore ect...

What is your favorite show or shows on premium channels like HBO. Mine are True Blood, Shameless, and Nurse Jackie. and to add some flare to this who is your favorite character in said show.

Nurse Jackie- favorite characters are Thor and Zoey

True Blood- Favorite character is Jessica.

and on Shameless my favorite characters are Frank, and Lip.

Loopygone

Game of Thrones. There's nothing out there quite like this amazing written, bloody, brutal show. It's something to hold up and say "This is why TV is worthwhile". It make's all the other crap worth putting up with.

I REALLY enjoy Game of Thrones, but sadly I haven't started from the beginning and only vaguely understand the plot. The same with Camelot. I feel that it's an interesting show, but I havent given it as much as a chance as I have with Game of Thrones.

Now with Spartacus on the other hand, I followed that show RELIGIOUSLY. MY favorite characters are (quite obviously) Spartacus and Crixus. However, Onomaeus gets bonus points for being an honorable fighter/trainer (though we never REALLY get to see it) and I have a biased appreciation for Barca because I like to consider myself a tough guy with a real sweet spot for certain people (who happen to occasionally be members of the same sex).

DEXTER - Probably Angel Babtista. Though it twas Doakes.

Loopygone

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    I REALLY enjoy Game of Thrones, but sadly I haven't started from the beginning and only vaguely understand the plot. The same with Camelot. I feel that it's an interesting show, but I havent given it as much as a chance as I have with Game of Thrones.
    I seriously suggest going from the start, you really have to keep your eyes open to understand everything. It helps that I've read the book, but I've heard a lot of people are getting a little confused. Just so many characters! :X

Quote Originally Posted by MarchThackery View Post
    DEXTER - Probably Angel Babtista. Though it twas Doakes.
    Ditto. In fact, I'll twice ditto that.

I really miss Doakes. He and Dexter had a wonderful dichotomy together.

The Wire

Deadwood

Big Love

The Tudors

The Sopranos

Great stuff, indeed.

I also loved Huff - apparently, I was one of the very few people who loved it, as it got canceled during the middle of its second season.

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Ditto. In fact, I'll twice ditto that.

I really miss Doakes. He and Dexter had a wonderful dichotomy together.
    I agree. I've heard Season four is great, (And I should hope so with John Lithgow being a part of the cast) But I think part of funk with Season three is that the cast's dynamic was thrown off with the loss of Doakes.

Real Time with Bill Maher is the highlight of my Fridays. I just love his smug, smart, style and all his mannerisms. The guests are great (most of the time). Bill never goes after the easy applause, calling out all the other liberal pundits out on their shit when he needs to (and calling the republicans out on their shit all the time). There's no better way to start the weekend than seeing a stuffy republican senator holding back his laughter because of a dick joke.