Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: telling your girlfriend or boyfriend your a diaper lover or adult baby

Default telling your girlfriend or boyfriend your a diaper lover or adult baby

hi i was wondering, does anyone else have any advice on how to tell your girlfriend your i diaper lover, i was just wondering.

I had to tell my gf I was a dl, it was not easy at all for me...but she was very open-minded and undestanding, so she didnt think it was anything bad and such, plus she said it was adorable ^////^ Anyhow, As long as she is an open minded person then it should go easier, she will take it easier. Try telling her with hints first, its much easier if she can really grasp it from the get-go rather than lead her on for a while, Long as she knows what the basis topic is then you can put in little bits of information and your feelings toward it, this should help you feel a bit more comfortable about it, with all that in mind you should be able to speak a tad more on it, or not lol, well this was something a bit similar to what I did, you can try anything of course, think of what would help make it comfortable. Feel free to message me if you need any help buddy, I am all ears.^ ^

I have exactly the same problem with my parents.

I was on the recieving end of this almost 3 years ago now.

It was very tough to understand, it was a very turbulant time in our relationship!

I would recommend the best thing to do is to make sure you have all the details and information at hand. Print off a few pages from Understand Infantilism, and the ADISC Wiki, and have the links to hand. Be ready to let her have time to wonder things over.

Be sure that this is really something you want to do. This is a really hard topic to bring up, and for your girlfriend to be told about. Be prepared to give her some space and let her know that you don't necessarily expect her to take part, that you just feel like this is something she should know about you.

If she wants more information, then be prepared to let her come on here, make an account and ask us for support. We've been steadily getting more and more 'spouses' come to us for support!

Also, make sure this is REALLY want you want. This could cause so much trouble for your relationship and reputation. So be 100% sure.

Just out of interest, how old are you, and how long have you guys been seeing each other?

I'm off the impression that there's very little point in telling your boyfriend/girlfriend if you're younger, or if you've only been together for a little while. There's no point in going through that sort of turbulance for a relationship that's not on solid ground.

Telling someone about being an AB/DL should be something that you only do once you're in a mega commited relationship, which can't progress until you've told them.

Hope this helps xxx

I just blurted it out one day, but stressed that it had nothing to do with real babies or kids. She was good about it and has been my wife for almost 10 years

It is always good to have a plan or at-least have what you are going to say rehearsed.

So questions you really should be able to answer:

1. Why you wear them (fun, pleasure, need, psychological issues, sexual)

2. How long you have been wearing and how long you intend to wear (will this a life choice for your whole life)

3. How this does not relate to children

4. How this might affect you as a couple in the future

5. The amount of money you will need to spend on diapers (I spend about 40 pounds a month)

6. What affects it might have on you if you had to stop

Your GF may then go through a couple of stages ...

Disbelief - you can't be really serious, why diapers?

Anger - you seemed like such a good guy, why this?

Denial - if she just ignores this it might go away

Acceptance - Ok, you need / want to wear diapers and accepts this

I hope this all makes sense!

Before I can give too much advice on *how* to tell her, you first need to decide *why* you want to tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I'm off the impression that there's very little point in telling your boyfriend/girlfriend if you're younger, or if you've only been together for a little while. There's no point in going through that sort of turbulance for a relationship that's not on solid ground.

Telling someone about being an AB/DL should be something that you only do once you're in a mega commited relationship, which can't progress until you've told them.
    Talula is spot on here. I have had two girlfriends before my current partner, and if I had told either of them, I'm pretty sure it would have broken the relationship and probably have been spread around my social circles... So unless this is the girl you plan on spending a lot of time with, don't put yourself or the relationship through this!

That said, if she is a serious relationship contender (you don't say how long you've been dating), you can sometimes gauge a possible response from previous behaviour. Does she seem like an open minded person - for example, what is her position on homosexuality? Do you know if she has any quirks or kinks?

You can always test the water by casually discussing an unrelated fetish and see how she responds. Or, you can discuss fetishes in general and see whether she is happy to discuss the topic - then slowly introduce yours.

Again, make sure you've decided you have good reason to tell her though!

As for advice on breaking the news...

I'd be tempted to say that a good approach is to spend a lot of time letting her why you want to share your fetish with her - how much she means to you, you can't keep it secret because it's part of you etc. That way, she'll likely be more accepting because she knows the struggle and reasoning - you haven't just dropped it out of the blue! Of course, there's no guarantee it won't creep her out entirely... if it does, we'll be here to support you (and her if necessary!)

Also, as you're listing yourself as DL, you have to really explain to her the reasons for wearing (I'm making assumptions on your reasons here) - you won't necessarily have the AB "I just need lots of love and care and want to be a baby again" style reasons. Make it clear you are wearing for comfort, it just feels right etc. And if part of that is the security it brings from childhood memories, then include that too. Don't mention wetting or anything sexual unless she asks - just let her onto it gently!

That said, if you simply wear to get your rocks off, you can always just present it as a sex aid/stimulant, and try to avoid any childhood connotations straight away.

As a sneaky psych trick, try to tailor the way to talk to her personality. If she is an emotional person, maybe try and cry (if you can't help crying, then obviously do) - she'll see how much it is affecting you and probably understand more. Then again, if she isn't big on emotions, she might not be the right person to explain all this to, unless it's purely sexual...

Hope this helps, reply here or PM for more advice! *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBoy0397 View Post
    Adisc wiki is closed .
    Good spot! I meant the articles system, of course!