Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Sized Accessories

Default Adult Sized Accessories

So, my wife and I were talking about random things, and got on the subject of adult sized baby accessories, like cribs, playpens, etc. And we were wondering if anyone knows of if and were we could get ahold of an adult sized baby swing...?

What like the swings with special seats for little kids?
    You could easily make you're own out of scaffolding, or try manufacturers of play parks most of their larger swings should be up to the grade.
    I doubt many AB specific manufacturers would make them due to safety liabilities.

No, the wind up, or battery operated ones that you put the baby in and basically rocks them to sleep... We have one for our 6 month old...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1982 View Post
    No, the wind up, or battery operated ones that you put the baby in and basically rocks them to sleep... We have one for our 6 month old...
    I was wondering if that was what you meant... Sadly, no, nothing like that for an adult exists to the best of my knowledge. Those, baby walkers, and baby bouncers are things for which I've never been able to find a good adult analogue.

I'm not aware of a motorised adult swing in general production - the frame and motor needed to support an adult would probably be fairly expensive... I guess you could attempt to build it yourself or outsource the job though!

it can be done, just would require quality steel or alumninum tubing that will hold you weight and a seat could probably be fashioned out of some kind of premade chair with the added straps and whatnot, maybe something like one of those hanging chairs thats cloth that could be customized with the restraint straps

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1982 View Post

The best that you could do is get a handicap swing! The one that has the arm structure that comes down over your shoulders and locks to the seat between your legs! You can see these on youtube and set it up with a cushion for a better ride.

I would love to have a baby walker or bouncer.

The best I can do is the Airy Fairy Baby Swing by Haba! This is a great swing! It has a static weight bearing up to 145 lbs. I weight 180 lbs and it is a great ride. That is the closest I think I will get to baby walker or bouncer or a battery power swing

We are the wet ones.
    Reactance is futile.
    You will be diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    The best that you could do is get a handicap swing! The one that has the arm structure that comes down over your shoulders and locks to the seat between your legs! You can see these on youtube and set it up with a cushion for a better ride.

I would love to have a baby walker or bouncer.

The best I can do is the Airy Fairy Baby Swing by Haba! This is a great swing! It has a static weight bearing up to 145 lbs. I weight 180 lbs and it is a great ride. That is the closest I think I will get to baby walker or bouncer or a battery power swing

We are the wet ones.
    Reactance is futile.
    You will be diapered.
    I've looked at that baby swing you mentioned. How big are you that you can fit into it? Where did you get it ultimately?

Hi! It’s a one part seat but the sides open with straps to get the bigger baby in. As I say I weight 180 lbs and have been using it for more than seven years now and it is been great fun.

I got from a baby store in the in Florida and paid about $160.00 for it. I f you Google Haba Airy Fairy baby swing you will find at many outlets.

Hope this helps

We are the wet ones.
    Reactance is futile.
    You will be diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    Hi! It’s a one part seat but the sides open with straps to get the bigger baby in. As I say I weight 180 lbs and have been using it for more than seven years now and it is been great fun.

I got from a baby store in the in Florida and paid about $160.00 for it. I f you Google Haba Airy Fairy baby swing you will find at many outlets.

Hope this helps

We are the wet ones.
    Reactance is futile.
    You will be diapered.
    Awesome! You weigh about 180, so you're what, a 34ish waist then? How well do you fit? I'm about 200 right now with a 36" waist (working on getting back to my pre-accident weight of 180), so I'm really curious if I'd fit. I don't want to drop a couple hundred bucks to have something that looks cool but isn't useful to me.