Thread: I predict DRY 24/7 will take over the adult diaper market beating Abena because Dry 24/7 listens to customers!

Question I predict DRY 24/7 will take over the adult diaper market beating Abena because Dry 24/7 listens to customers!

Just looking into my crystal ball, and after wearing abena since they came out after Attends and Molicare's I can say this seems to be a very nicely made diaper and makes Abena's now feel cheap. I will pay the extra money for a diaper to any company that will listen to their customers complaints and wants, after Abena changed there plastic backing 50 times to now almost a suran wrap thickness that makes re-taping impossible, and there talk of phasing out the plastic backing makes me think DRY 24/7 is going to be the AB/DL ultimate dream. I now just can't wait till all my stock of Abena runs out so I can order more cases of the DRY 24/7.
    What do you all think that wear disposables. I know there are so many likes and dislikes in the AB/DL world it is very hard to make everyone happy.

I sincerely hope that some European retailer starts importing them, since buying directly from USA is quite expensive and, from the comments I keep reading about these diapers, they sound simply amazing! I'm jealous!

I thought Euron is/was the Europe-branded Dry 24/7? I recall having read about them here. They might have changed it up though.

Ooo, if it is, I'll be looking to get hold of some then! Thanks for the (possible) tip!

Loopygone

No, Eurons are thinner then abena's so they aren't the same.

And no, Dry24/7's won't take over the adult nappy market. Face it, people who want extra thick, plastic backed super absorbant nappies are far far in the minority. The majority of customers (being those wearing for need) want discretion, coolness, and comfortable.

Dry 24/7 will never take over the market, since they only sell one type of product, expensive very thick plastic backed. The demand for these type of diapers is a VERY small percent of the market in the US. Abena will remain ahead not because they make the x-plus, but because they make what the majority wants, thinner cloth backed high quality diapers at a competitive price. Dry 24/7 would need to make a not so "dry 24/7" (dry 3/hour?) inorder to really compete with Abena

Do Dry24/7 listen to customers? By that, are they ABDL orientated? Or they just make thick diapers for heavy incontinence?

Butterfly Mage

Gotta say... Dry247 is probably the highest quality diaper on the market. That said, it is a niche product for the following reasons:

-- At $2/ea, it is prohibitively expensive (compare to Attends at $0.60/ea).
    -- Most incontinent people probably don't want to wear a wet diaper for 8-10 hours at a time (even though Dry247 can hold up for that long with no problem).

Personally, I try to change out of a wet diaper in some reasonable amount of time. But if I know that I will be unable to do so, a Dry247 or Abena x-Plus is the diaper I use for those particular occasions.

I need to order my next six month supply after I get a promotion. A cellebration of sorts. And some Bambinos too.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Gotta say... Dry247 is probably the highest quality diaper on the market. That said, it is a niche product for the following reasons:

-- At $2/ea, it is prohibitively expensive (compare to Attends at $0.60/ea).
    -- Most incontinent people probably don't want to wear a wet diaper for 8-10 hours at a time (even though Dry247 can hold up for that long with no problem).

Personally, I try to change out of a wet diaper in some reasonable amount of time. But if I know that I will be unable to do so, a Dry247 or Abena x-Plus is the diaper I use for those particular occasions.
    $1.65 per Dry 24/7 versus $1.38 per Abena M4 if you buy them by the case at XP Medical.

I suppose it comes down to personal preference, then. If you would rather be able to wear all day through work without changing, then Dry 24/7 would be the smarter buy (as you'll use one less diaper versus an Abena and you'll have the added convenience).

Of course, the "premium" diapers will remain a small part of the market in the U.S. anyway, given that from what I've seen, insurance will buy cheap cloth-backed Attends, and hospitals and other institutions will use whatever cheap crap they can get in bulk for pennies per unit.