Thread: Changing my Name

Default Changing my Name

I was stupid enough to use my normal online name (and Gamertag, and PSN account, etc) to register for this site, so I will now be known as simply Gibby.

[removed]
    Last edited by Nihlus; 08-Apr-2012 at 06:48. Reason: Removed old name

Even though you hide it, i believe it still shows up on a google search for the username. It took me months of sending requests to google for them to take down a link to a username i posted here by mistake that i use a lot outside of this scene. So you may want to take that part out of the message before a google crawler finds it :P. Best of luck with the new name, Gibby.

I certainly can understand wanting to be careful. It's a shame we have to hide something that merely is a quirk in our personality, and something that we didn't chose for ourselves. Imagine bridge players having to hide their desires to play bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by xxThatGuyxx View Post
    Even though you hide it, i believe it still shows up on a google search for the username. It took me months of sending requests to google for them to take down a link to a username i posted here by mistake that i use a lot outside of this scene. So you may want to take that part out of the message before a google crawler finds it :P. Best of luck with the new name, Gibby.
    Yes, you are correct.

To the OP: you may want to edit that out. Members who want to know can still find out by viewing your username history in your profile. (Username history is only visible to logged in accounts, so Google cannot view/cache it.)

[QUOTE=Gibby;641850[COLOR=red]]I was stupid enough to use my normal online name (and Gamertag, and PSN account, etc)[/COLOR] to register for this site, so I will now be known as simply Gibby.

the stuff in red is not necessary to post nor do we demand an explanation or apology for changing your username; in days of old it was more trouble for staff and they liked having a reason. Not so much now. Usernames are commonly changed, and by the user them self no less; I am not sure if that is an automatic privilege and if not when it comes.

I hilighted stuff in red cause you should realize that anything written on the internet can be permanently there; and memorialized forever more. Calling attention to blunders is unwise and describing them...

Well, not a great idea.