I have yet to see an unbiased post about IC. People either hate it, they love it, or they want to be it. Here, I am going to attempt to write everything clear-cut and completely neutrally. I won't try to discourage you from becoming, and I won't try to convince you either. Straight facts.
Pros and Cons
As with everything, there are pros and cons. These pros and cons are simply points about a subject. These points can be very subjective in there nature and severity. If I were to list one thing as a pro, some one else may find it a con, or vice-versa. This would make me seem biased to said person. So with that in mind, I will simply list these points all together, and let you sort them to your preference.
- If disposable diapers are involved, it is expensive
- You have less control over yourself
- It is embarrassing
- It can cause a rash
- It can be worrisome to friends and family
- It may make sex more difficult
- It smells, even only urinary
- It makes you dependent on diapers
- If cloth diapers are involved, laundry needs to be done daily
- It is difficult to hide
- It may cause problems when sleeping somewhere other than at home
- It can be very hard to gain continence again
- Leaks happen
- You need to take changing materials with you if you go anywhere for a good period of time
This is all I can think of at the moment. Please post anything that you think belongs here, and I will try to update it with only unbiased facts.