Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Straight Facts of Incontinentce

Default The Straight Facts of Incontinentce

I have yet to see an unbiased post about IC. People either hate it, they love it, or they want to be it. Here, I am going to attempt to write everything clear-cut and completely neutrally. I won't try to discourage you from becoming, and I won't try to convince you either. Straight facts.

Pros and Cons
    As with everything, there are pros and cons. These pros and cons are simply points about a subject. These points can be very subjective in there nature and severity. If I were to list one thing as a pro, some one else may find it a con, or vice-versa. This would make me seem biased to said person. So with that in mind, I will simply list these points all together, and let you sort them to your preference.

• If disposable diapers are involved, it is expensive

• You have less control over yourself

• It is embarrassing

• It can cause a rash

• It can be worrisome to friends and family

• It may make sex more difficult

• It smells, even only urinary

• It makes you dependent on diapers

• If cloth diapers are involved, laundry needs to be done daily

• It is difficult to hide

• It may cause problems when sleeping somewhere other than at home

• It can be very hard to gain continence again

• Leaks happen

• You need to take changing materials with you if you go anywhere for a good period of time

This is all I can think of at the moment. Please post anything that you think belongs here, and I will try to update it with only unbiased facts.
    Last edited by TeddyHugs; 11-May-2011 at 19:40.

A couple other things:

Going on vacation requires dedicating significant suitcase space to protection.

Leaks happen.

I posted an essay I wrote on this topic. It was promoted to the Articles section. I suggest checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    A couple other things:

Going on vacation requires dedicating significant suitcase space to protection.

Leaks happen.
    Nice. I'll generalize the first though.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyHugs View Post
    It is the natural way our bodies were meant to work
    I don't really understand this point - incontinence is not the natural way our bodies were supposed to work. Continence is naturally developed within humans and most animals, and even without potty-training most children will start to develop an awareness of when they need to urinate or defecate aged 2-4. If the children are dressed in diapers it may be that they continue to use their diapers, but usually not unknowingly. Continence is completely natural; before modern inventions such as diapers incontinence would have been hugely unhygienic and bred disease, and as such not being able to choose to emit bodily fluids outside of living spaces would not have been a useful trait for humans to have. Whilst it is true that being incontinent is natural for babies, it is not the natural way that adult bodies were meant to work.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I don't really understand this point - incontinence is not the natural way our bodies were supposed to work. Continence is naturally developed within humans and most animals, and even without potty-training most children will start to develop an awareness of when they need to urinate or defecate aged 2-4. If the children are dressed in diapers it may be that they continue to use their diapers, but usually not unknowingly. Continence is completely natural; before modern inventions such as diapers incontinence would have been hugely unhygienic and bred disease, and as such not being able to choose to emit bodily fluids outside of living spaces would not have been a useful trait for humans to have. Whilst it is true that being incontinent is natural for babies, it is not the natural way that adult bodies were meant to work.
    Good point. I mistakingly remembered that our bodies would naturally empty regularly if we weren't potty trained, BUT we could stop it if we wanted to. That is not incontinent. Nice catch.

Miku

There's been way too many threads over the pros and cons of incontinence.. Use the search button please :T

Quote Originally Posted by P0KEM0N View Post
    There's been way too many threads over the pros and cons of incontinence.. Use the search button please :T
    Ahh... But I wanted to make an UNBIASED one...

Butterfly Mage

My unbiased opinion is that it would be preferable to have a body in 100% working order all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyHugs View Post
    Ahh... But I wanted to make an UNBIASED one...
    Considering the rules specifically prohibit threads that discuss methods to become incontinent or encourage someone to become incontinent, it does become a little hard to have an unbiased thread on such a topic.