Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: May 21st?

Default May 21st?

Can anyone explain this May 21st dooms day thing to me?

May 21st? Didn't know there was a doomsday thing for May 21st...

To Google! *Flies into the sky*

EDIT: Sooo... Apparently natural disasters, like massive earthquakes, are going to fubar us then Jesus will return and rapture the entire world. Huh. That sounds like a pretty cool story...

This stuff gets thrown around all the time, people have been trying to predict the end of the world for centuries. I dunno about you guys, but I think it's all full of crap.

I turn 18, that's the doomsday. :3
    Bwahahaha. I'm out to terror everyone. >:3
    Get ready, Alex is going to devourer you all, rawr!
    ...No seriously, my Birthday. Fear me.

I looked on Google and it said that on May 21st, a horrible demon would rise from Hell and grab every adult baby and turn them into a real baby. Then he will take them all back to Hell with him and they will be nursed by hideous demons. I'm thinking, huh? Demons? Okay, I can live with that.

Warning: Side affects may include incontinence.

Basically, this preacher named Harold Camping predicted that the Rapture would come on May 21st. According to Wikipedia, this is his reasoning:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A commonly cited argument in favor of the May 21st date is:

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
    2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
    3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
    4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
    5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
    6. (5 x 10 x 17)2 or (atonement x completeness x heaven)2 also equals 722,500.
    On a related note, I saw this in Toronto a few days ago:

This May 21 doomsday is complete baloney.
    I'm not trying to be preachy, but only Jesus Christ knows when he's coming back.
    (1Th 5:2)

It's lies bro.
    Not to be preachy, but the bible says only the Lord(Father) knows the day rapture comes. Not even the Son(Jesus), nor the Spirit(Holy Spirit) knows of the day.

Just ignore it and bake a cake celebrating how wrong the billboard was.

I don't believe anything the media will make an attempt to spread. Personally, with my Christian background, I don't believe that the world is going to end in a big explosion, terrible weather, etc.

I am sorta hoping for a zombie apocalypse situation though.. It would be fun.

Lol i just heard theat cyborgs would come down from the sky and kill everyone, lol knew it was b.s. but just wanted some explanation hahhahahha