Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wearing diapers and going to the gym

  1. #1

    Default Wearing diapers and going to the gym

    Dunno whether this has been asked before, but I did search and nothing came up.

    Anyway, I've been finding myself wetting more and more during the daytime, to the point where I'm diapered 24/7 and have been for a week.

    Now I go to the gym regularly, or at least did until the wetting became too much for a Tena pant to do its job. I'm just wondering if any of the diapered peeps on here have found any way to make wearing a diaper and going to the gym work?

    Major issue is that with the running and the bending I do, diapers don't exactly make this easy to do. I found that by the time I'd finished my session, the leg elastics had rubbed and so caused me to be sore.

  2. #2

    Default

    Is it a case that you've de-potty trained yourself? Or are you medically losing control?

    Anyway, while I haven't worn to the gym, I would suggest you maybe try something like an abri-flex or equivalent? The ones with a cotton style backing should cause less trouble when exercising, as they won't rub as much, and should breath more so you don't get too sweaty down there... Also, lots of powder - it will alleviate friction and absorb some of the sweat for you!

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3

    Default

    I would suggest seeing a physician about the incontinence progression. I would also suggest that you use ample amounts of baby powder to reduce chafing if you are doing highly active exercises. As far as the diaper not being thirsty enough I suppose you could bring a spare and change halfway through your routine.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Is it a case that you've de-potty trained yourself? Or are you medically losing control?

    Anyway, while I haven't worn to the gym, I would suggest you maybe try something like an abri-flex or equivalent? The ones with a cotton style backing should cause less trouble when exercising, as they won't rub as much, and should breath more so you don't get too sweaty down there... Also, lots of powder - it will alleviate friction and absorb some of the sweat for you!

    Hope this helps!
    I don't know about de-potty training, but I've had accidents for some time now (some 2 years) so there's likely a control issue somewhere.

    And will try your suggestion!




    Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I would suggest seeing a physician about the incontinence progression. I would also suggest that you use ample amounts of baby powder to reduce chafing if you are doing highly active exercises. As far as the diaper not being thirsty enough I suppose you could bring a spare and change halfway through your routine.
    Been to doctors, they keep changing my medication but nothing else. Eh, I'll have to see them again.

  5. #5
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    I'm not buying the idea of losing bladder control because you've been wearing diapers. If you're experiencing incontinence, it is likely a medical issue. You should see a doctor.

  6. #6

    Default

    Or use diapers with the "wing" tapes, i hear that works pretty well.


    Id suggest swimming for exercise because no one would know if you wet yourself, but then again that would not be good for other people in the pool, or who might use it.

  7. #7

    Default

    My preference is a pull-on style diaper while exercising. I wear the small "Depends for Men" pull-on with a light-weight boxer brief over it. I've worked out at the gym, run, hiked and biked in this set-up. If I'm working out, I usually sweat a lot, which cuts down on the volume of urine and the need for a really absorbent diaper. Finally, I always use a zinc oxide ointment and baby powder to reduce chaffing and rashes.

  8. #8

    Default

    I've done this before and the best way to avoid the chaffing is to wear a pair of boxer briefs over your diaper. That'll give you a barrier between your diaper and leg.

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I've done this before and the best way to avoid the chaffing is to wear a pair of boxer briefs over your diaper. That'll give you a barrier between your diaper and leg.
    This is a good idea. Alternatively, I found cloth-backed diapers helped on that front too. I would use the thin cloth Attends doubled up, and I never had any issues with running on the treadmill or whatever.

    As for the other inevitable question, I never showered at the gym, just changed my clothes. That said, I'd pad up at home, and then I'd just change my clothes in the locker room. Whoever saw me in a diaper saw me in a diaper.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Getting the most out of wearing Diapers
    By recovery in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-Jan-2011, 12:42
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 24-Oct-2008, 04:26
  3. Wearing diapers
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-Feb-2008, 00:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.