Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube (neat new thing)

Talking Youtube (neat new thing)

I just found this out!
    If you see that little loading circle while waiting for the video to load, click on the video (make sure it [the video] doesnt play or itll be hard) and then click any arrow key. the loading circle turns into the old game snake! OMG its so much fun but hard.....

That's a pretty cool easter egg. I guess it's supposed to be a time waster if a video takes too long to load.

Too bad my internet is too fast to make this feature useful .

It doesn't work for me

Yeah, it's been around for a pretty long time.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    It doesn't work for me
    I think it works only with the "new" kind of youtube player, but I'm not sure is it still like that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    It doesn't work for me
    Hold down left arrow key for a couple of seconds then the up key. Might have to play the video a little bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkywuff View Post
    Defiantly not new. It's been around since 2005 (when YouTube was created)
    I'd say it's been around for around a year, but it definitely wasn't there in YouTube's beginnings. They had more important issues to deal with (like the fact that video and sound never synced correctly) than hiding little easter eggs in their websites.

I found out about it a few months ago when I tried to scroll with the arrow keys, but was still locked into the video.
    It's so tiny. I always miss the dots...

Just clearing things up, it's about a year old, and does only work with the newer player. Which for some reason even a few videos don't have... And sometimes it's just hard to get the game to start, sometimes it doesn't start.

I use it all the time, learned it from tapping on my keyboard while a video was loading while I had bad signal at the airport