Thread: Diagnosed

Countryboy95

Default Diagnosed

So I didnt know where to put this (here or on mature topics) so I put it here. I have been diagnosed with borderline diabetes. So wat should I do from a tb/dl perspective??

...not try the "Marshmallow Trick"? Seriously, I wouldn't do that if you're diabetic.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else that would affect your blood sugar tb/dl wise. Obviously food, exercise, insulin, and medication affect your blood sugar among other things.

Asher

Hate to re-quote stuff, but bomb851 pretty much hit the nail on the head. A good diet and exercise will definitely help from a "health" perspective. But I have to ask: what exactly do you mean from a "tb/dl perspective?" Like how diabetes will effect that part of your life (or is something else)?

I've been living with my wife for many years and she has diabetes. One question: are you type B? If you are over weight, the best thing you can do for yourself is to lose the weight. You don't want to become diabetic if it can be avoided. Be careful with your diet, and avoid things with sugar, especially soda. Get more exercise and check your blood sugar.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy95 View Post
    So I didn't know where to put this (here or on mature topics) so I put it here. I have been diagnosed with borderline diabetes. So wat should I do from a tb/dl perspective??
    I too was diagnosed as borderline (Pre Diabetic) almost three years ago, but I haven't really made any changes to my habits or lifestyle. I know at one point it will become a problem, but I guess I just don't care that much right now. It runs in my family on both sides so for me it will happen, it's just a matter of when. I guess I want to eat and drink what I want as long as I can get away with it.

I don't really eat that much candy or other sweets, but I drink a ton of soda. I would say a minimum of a six pack (12oz cans) a day plus what I drink when I go out for food which is hard to track. I was drinking this plus three red bull energy drinks a day while I was working; fortunately it was easy to give that up.

I can tell you based on what I was told by my doctor; It's very common for someone to be borderline diabetic, and not everyone who is borderline will become full on diabetic.

For the record; I'm a little over weight but not too bad. I'm sitting at 202lbs and I'm 5'9" ish.

I guess from a TB/DL perspective I would say to stay away from the "Marshmallow Trick" as bomb851 stated. Other than that I don't think TB/DL activities will have much of an affect on your blood sugar.