Thread: Should I try Bambinos?

Question Should I try Bambinos?

Well as the the title suggests, I've been thinking of getting Bambinos for a while and I've saved up a nice bit of cash for restocking my diaper supply. SO my questions are:

1. How thick are they (more thick or less thick than an Abena)
    2. On a scale of 1-10 how much do they absorb
    3. Which would you suggest? Classico, Bianco, or Teddy?

Thank you muchly

Edit- While I'm at it, are there any other diapers you'd suggest? I've tried abena, attends, cushies, depends, super dry kids, and goodnites

Not as thick as an Abena x-plus. Absorb 2 heavy wettings - depending on your bladder and whether you flood really!

Print is up to you - personally I think Classico looks better than Teddy. Bianco is just plain white. All the same diaper though.

As for other diapers, have a look at the diaper review articles on here - should give you a good idea! In fact, there's some good reviews of Bambino there too! :-)

Hi there ! Let me start by saying that Bambinos are great diapers and you cannot go wrong but it is a matter of what you what in a diaper. as for your answers in order I would say

1. They are thick diapers but not as thick as an Abena
    2. 7.5 /10 absorbing very good where I would say an Abena is a 9
    3. They are pretty much the same diaper from what I understand it is just is you want a Baby print on them and which one or an all white diaper (bianco)

I would suggest you try them as they are great diapers especially if you want to feel babyish. Everyone has there favorite and the only way to find out is to try new things. Good luck!

I have bambino and personally I like them however, I do not think they are as amazing as everyone hyped them up to be.

The tapes are quite tempermental and if you tape tight laying down and then sit up they tend to come unpopped as they are not that sticky in comparison to others (e.g. Tena).

They are not as thick as Abena but that also means they are not as hot (I found Abena's make me sweat quite alot as they are so thick that they don't 'breath' much).

I prefer the design of the teddy ones but on some sites I have seen they charge about 1 more for the teddy design than the classico so it may be worth going with classico simply because a different picture is not really worth the extra money. Also be careful because the site I bought the teddy ones from listed them as having a stretchy tape panel (which is why I paid the extra money for them) and when they arrived there was no such thing. Turns out the manufacturor got bad reviews for the stretchy tapes and so stopped making them. So be careful when ordering and maybe email the company beforehand just to check you are getting what you acutally ordered.

Finally, wearing at night or for extended periods may not be best as I have found that the nappies actually tend to fall appart even after only one wetting. I usually will do one medium size wet and wear that overnight or for a few hours, then when I change it is to find that all the absorbing gel from inside the nappy is now all over my 'area' and legs. It comes loose from the padding when it swells up and sticks all over you and trust me, is a nightmare to try and get off! Thousands of little gel blobs all over! Not enough baby-wipes in the world to sort that out!

So personally, despite the negatives I would say they are worth it if you are an AB and want to do a little role play. If you are more DL and just want to wear for comfort than i'd suggest finding a better nappy as the cost of Bambino's would not be worth it for what you acutally get.

If all else fails, just buy a small amount. Sounds like you have tried almost all the good adult diapers, so why not try Bambinos and see what you like about them. ( i for got that they are expensive, but what do you expt from an expensive hobby =P) sorry for not answering your Qs, but im sure you can look it up on the wi ki (of it's still there i can't seem to find it ><)

I definitely do recommend them. Some have said their not as thick as X-Pluses but their still thick, I would give them about a 7 on that scale, X-Plus would be 8 to 8 1/2, and Dry 24/7 would be 9-10. I like their tape design, they seem to have some of the best tapes I've seen, and something about them (even though I wear the Blankos) just makes me like them ^^;.

Though I haven't worn Abriforms since they made the change from X-Plus to M4. I should try out some of the M4s ^^;. Then again, I also want to try the Dry 24/7s ^^;.

I tried the bambino-diapers (white) while ago and to be honest I wouldn't bother with them again.
    They are not bad - but imho there are better diapers out there.
    I liked the fact that they are plain white (was about the only reason I really wanted to give them a try)... I HATE printed diapers (any type of print... and I utterly hate any AB-themed diaper)....
    I found the tapes to be a bit on the weak side compared to both abena and tena...

my favorite diaper is the Tena Slip Maxi (Size Medium)... don't know if the same product is available in the US though...
    but here I think it's one of the best diapers.
    my second most favorite diaper is the abriform x-plus...

Molicare if you haven't tried makes some decent diapers (although I don't like the "fit" - where Tena & Abena both fit me perfectly with an M-Size the Molicares don't really fit perfectly with either Size M or L...)

Besides Tena, Abena and molicare I guess the Bambinos are alright but overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by DA360 View Post
    I definitely do recommend them. Some have said their not as thick as X-Pluses but their still thick, I would give them about a 7 on that scale, X-Plus would be 8 to 8 1/2, and Dry 24/7 would be 9-10. I like their tape design, they seem to have some of the best tapes I've seen, and something about them (even though I wear the Blankos) just makes me like them ^^;.

Though I haven't worn Abriforms since they made the change from X-Plus to M4. I should try out some of the M4s ^^;. Then again, I also want to try the Dry 24/7s ^^;.
    The Abena 4 series (the M refers to Medium, the number is what counts) is just the old x-plus renamed to fit their new scheme.

As for Bambinos, they're not awful, but they're not good either. They're about half as thick as an Abena (I'd rate them a 5 of 10 for absorbency), and if you're a heavy wetter like I am you'll risk leaking on your second wetting.

Then again, it could be the bad fit that causes it. I'm an avid cyclist with a 36" waist and 28" legs. The way the Bambinos are cut means that I cannot fit into a medium without it cutting into my legs, but a large is way too big on me and leaves gaps at the back of my legs. At least they're priced comparably to the Abena 4 series, but sadly they're not nearly as good.

Go for Abena or Dry 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk