Thread: Conventions and Diapers

Default Conventions and Diapers

Do they mix well when you wear a long pink and black dress, but the padding is 6 layers thick? I'm going to Hama Con next month with my love and I wanna know do they mix well, I'm sorta shy bout the idea but I already promised her.

Pencil dress? Ballgown? Whatever, I think you are worrying for nothing. Indulge your love; I am sure it'll be fine. Do tell us about Hamacon though; their web page is not informative and is geared to insiders who already know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Pencil dress? Ballgown? Whatever, I think you are worrying for nothing. Indulge your love; I am sure it'll be fine. Do tell us about Hamacon though; their web page is not informative and is geared to insiders who already know what's going on.
    I Honestly have no idea yet. I just know it's an anime convention. I'm moving in with my love, for school purposes and I've never been. So yeah. lol. I hope I have fun cause I still gotta order the padding >.<. And It's a pink and black lolita dress.

can't really say (don't wear dresses/skirts/or anything) though at six layers it might be a bit crinkly, but doubt it will be something too noticeable (though suppose if the clothing is able to be seen through then maybe), at least in my experience anywhere that going to be loud already drowns out the noise (well in the sense that it doesn't stick out unlike in a dead silent room where anything would stand out).

I am kind of curious about the 6-layer padding though; is there a picture of it you can post, maybe from the catalog?
    What color is the padding - is it color-matched to the dress? Will it contrast? If not is it supposed to show through? Remember the famous shop where Lady Diana was backlit and (horrors) you could see she was wearing underthings?

(I admit I assumed you would be wearing 6-layer cloth, and didn't think you might be in 6 disposables. But then - you might. By the way I had an all-in-one which had 6 thin layers and vinyl over top but it wasn't really all that full at the hips. Six standard terry cloth diapers would be though, and next to impossible to pin. I am a bit intrigued now.)

I am kind of curious about the 6-layer padding though; is there a picture of it you can post, maybe from the catalog?
    What color is the padding - is it color-matched to the dress? Will it contrast? If not is it supposed to show through? Remember the famous shop where Lady Diana was backlit and (horrors) you could see she was wearing underthings?

(I admit I assumed you would be wearing 6-layer cloth, and didn't think you might be in 6 disposables. But then - you might. By the way I had an all-in-one which had 6 thin layers and vinyl over top but it wasn't really all that full at the hips. Six standard terry cloth diapers would be though, and next to impossible to pin. I am a bit intrigued now.)
    Http://abuniverse.com/products/abu-cvd.asp

It's sad I have that link memorized completely. And I'm getting the Hello kitty print . and Pink on pink works well lol

Is this your first time at any sort of con? Because if it is... They are crowded as hell and it can get especially sweaty in there. Add that to the fact that it's in June and you'll be wearing a multi-layered lolita dress.

IMO, it's a calling for something bad to happen unless you don't mind chafing and wear a petticoat over it. The only time I ever wore in public with a skirt on, I had a skort on with tights and a relatively long cardigan. And that was in the middle of winter, of course. I wouldn't dream of wearing outside in the south unless we were having a cold snap.

If you really really don't mind any sweaty feelings, though, go for it! You should still wear a petticoat because things get caught and ride up in crowds, but the diaper itself won't be noticeable. Lolita dresses tend to start to poof out where a diaper would stop and the layering can effectively hide any real bulge.

Can't imagine there would be an issue then (was thinking like 6 disposables or something xD), might be kind of waddling which would be noticeable, but no-one would say anything (I'm fairly sure). Like I said, don't wear dresses so could be wrong, but can't think it will be too much of a problem really *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by DaniZerollis View Post
    Http://abuniverse.com/products/abu-cvd.asp

It's sad I have that link memorized completely.
    nuh sad.

And I'm getting the Hello kitty print .
    yay. ( In a slinky little vinyl number I take it?)

Pink on pink works well lol
    yep. By the way do please tell us how things go with ABU, how long delivery takes and how you like the goods.

nuh sad.

yay. ( In a slinky little vinyl number I take it?)

yep. By the way do please tell us how things go with ABU, how long delivery takes and how you like the goods.
    From what I heard they are pretty good. My friend Tamsin got I think Cushies from them and she had no problems.

And I'd assume so X3 on the vinyl

---------- Post added at 05:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Is this your first time at any sort of con? Because if it is... They are crowded as hell and it can get especially sweaty in there. Add that to the fact that it's in June and you'll be wearing a multi-layered lolita dress.

IMO, it's a calling for something bad to happen unless you don't mind chafing and wear a petticoat over it. The only time I ever wore in public with a skirt on, I had a skort on with tights and a relatively long cardigan. And that was in the middle of winter, of course. I wouldn't dream of wearing outside in the south unless we were having a cold snap.

If you really really don't mind any sweaty feelings, though, go for it! You should still wear a petticoat because things get caught and ride up in crowds, but the diaper itself won't be noticeable. Lolita dresses tend to start to poof out where a diaper would stop and the layering can effectively hide any real bulge.
    I was to Anime Vegas, supposably one of the biggest anime conventions in America. And I was a blue Cat boy once. but thats it.