Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The reaction to Taboo

Default The reaction to Taboo

A follow-up to: https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...-going-tv.html

So it seems that the radio station we listen to at work saw the episode of Taboo, and they are not generally very nice people. The reason we listen to them is because they just rip into anything that's not normal. I got a good laugh out of listening to this. I, personally, thought they were much more ruthless to the woman than the AB, and just ripped on her about being overweight. To put this into perspective, these are basically the jocks/bullies you went to high school with if they got paid to pick on people. Their sound guy (I think it's their sound guy) who used to be an intern often gets forced to spell things that he is not able to (not hard words at all, but he can't spell) just so everyone can laugh at him. My older brother absolutely loves them.

Click the audio file dated 5/4/2011 and skip until it says "55:30", which is the time it has left, rather than total time:
    102.1 the Edge - The Dean Blundell Show

I saw a commercial for this show with my parents...awkward. Anyways, back on topic. I think the majority of people are unable to understand abdl because it's different and thus scares them. The fact that the man and his partner are over weight makes this situation worse. The public just likes to rag on people with weight issues. I don't get it, but it's just the way things are. The guy made the decision to come out, it breaks my heart to see him get destroyed by haters, but he could just keep it on the dl (no pun intended) like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by xxThatGuyxx View Post
    I saw a commercial for this show with my parents...awkward. Anyways, back on topic. I think the majority of people are unable to understand abdl because it's different and thus scares them. The fact that the man and his partner are over weight makes this situation worse. The public just likes to rag on people with weight issues. I don't get it, but it's just the way things are. The guy made the decision to come out, it breaks my heart to see him get destroyed by haters, but he could just keep it on the dl (no pun intended) like the rest of us.
    I wasn't really offended by it. It's not like these are usually nice guys and then they ragged on ABs. These guys like to piss EVERYONE off. I actually found it pretty amusing.

Bowling for Soup was right... High school never really does end, does it? I know it sounds hypocritical, but I laughed much harder than I should have. I can't even be mad at these guys... They're just too funny.

But don't worry! I haven't lost my morals! ... I wouldn't date any of them.

All media coverage is bad coverage.

Taboo - Adult Baby: Huffington Post Article

1025 comments (only read if you have thick skin).
    Selected Comment: "I wish he died instead of bin laden"
    My reaction: .... -,-
    Last edited by Tsendo; 05-May-2011 at 00:20.

Indeed, high school never ends. Zephy, I ignore shock jocks cause all they do is rip on people and make fun of people. Some people still think they're in high school and make fun of people.

I'm not surprised some people are ripping on the couple because of the weight issues. People always make fun of people who are overweight. People always ridicule people because they themselves are not all that grown up. I was made fun of quite a bit myself growing up. All the way back to elementary school, jr. high, high school- I was made fun of.

My thought on it- even though I have yet to see it; It seems to be better off than some shows I've seen that have focused on ABs in the past. I still cringe when I see those Jerry Springer ones, I cringe whenever someone mentions that asinine CSI episode, and so forth.

People don't always want to understand things.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Bowling for Soup was right... High school never really does end, does it? I know it sounds hypocritical, but I laughed much harder than I should have. I can't even be mad at these guys... They're just too funny.

But don't worry! I haven't lost my morals! ... I wouldn't date any of them.
    Pretty much what I thought.

I wouldn't date any of them either... but that has nothing to do with my morals. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    All media coverage is bad coverage.

Taboo - Adult Baby: Huffington Post Article

1025 comments (only read if you have thick skin).
    Selected Comment: "I wish he died instead of bin laden"
    My reaction: .... -,-

Adult Baby: National Geographic's 'Taboo' Highlights Man With Ifantalism (VIDEO)
    I love how they spelled it wrong and made it sound like the guy has a mental condition. (Fun fact: Infantilism can be an obsolete term for developmental disabilities. Normally I wouldn't give two damns about what an article site says, as they're usually run by people who think that they're better than others, but they make it sound like Mr. Thornton is mentally retarded. And that makes me want to knead a baby until it's the consistency of skittles.) Thankfully, though, I've expected this shit with the downfall of thought and morals in society.

But I have to admit... some of the comments are really funny.

"Puts a whole different slant on the song, "Be My Baby Tonight.""

I will never look at a man who calls his girlfriend 'baby' again in the same way. Dear lordy loo.

acorn

Generally speaking, when a third party is needed to be the 'but end' of a Clown’s joke, it says more about the Clown and his audience than the injured third party.

By Mr. S. Thornton’s own admission he has issues for which he has been hospitalised in past. It is my own personal belief that to attack his physiological state of mind would not only be reckless, but also callous and lacking in moral fibre.

that would be weird to listen to at work i think

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

dont get me wrong it is funny, and its what you expect from the world, it would just be weird to me