Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullies.

muscleboy

Default Bullies.

YouTube - Kid fights back against bully, becomes hero (original)
    This is a video of a chubby kid that has been bullied all his life, and finally fought back.
    Its pretty much a disturbing video to watch.
    The chubby kid casey, aka casey the punisher, is now very popular since the video.
    He also had been interviewed in tv.

Have you ever been bullied in you'r life?
    Did you fight back?

Also this is an extra video YouTube - Justin Bieber Meets Casey Heynes (Bully Hero) - TV Interview
    no words just watch!

Bullying is something that many kids go through, and that's a sad fact of life.

Even sadder is the fact that there are a lot of adults in the lives of these kids that encourage the bullying to keep going on - they encourage it by doing nothing to stop it.

If parents and staff at school were more responsible and if they actually cared about the well-being of the future generation, bullying would be vastly reduced, and the kids who are bullied would be better equipped to handle such situations.

"He called me fat. I called him an ambulance." I just love this kid, okay? That's all I'm gonna say about him. I'll start gushing if I go on any farther.

Have you seen the interview with Richard (the bully)? Makes me shiver, as he shows no real remorse. And, as I've learned... that's a bad sign.

Interviewer: Are you sorry?
    Bitchasspunk: No... I mean yes.

Also... Justin Bieber... Oh my god he's so cute and I want to pick him up and put him in my pocket. He actually cares about others and doesn't tell kids to drink or smoke or do weed in the back of your mom's minivan. Can I just be in a coma until he's legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    "He called me fat. I called him an ambulance." I just love this kid, okay? That's all I'm gonna say about him. I'll start gushing if I go on any farther.

Have you seen the interview with Richard (the bully)? Makes me shiver, as he shows no real remorse. And, as I've learned... that's a bad sign.

Turning this into a "good vs evil" scenario where good triumphed is dangerous territory. The fact that society is praising a violent reaction to bullying is rather sickening to me. To me, that is not that much different than praising the vigilante brand of justice.

However, if the authority figures were not lifting a finger to stop the bullying, then I understand why fighting back is not the worst option available.

EDIT - Final note in the post - violence is sometimes a necessity in life. However, the celebration of such violence is never a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Turning this into a "good vs evil" scenario where good triumphed is dangerous territory. The fact that society is praising a violent reaction to bullying is rather sickening to me. To me, that is not that much different than praising the vigilante brand of justice.

However, if the authority figures were not lifting a finger to stop the bullying, then I understand why fighting back is not the worst option available.
    Well, to be honest, the rush of adrenaline, especially after being messed with so many times, could make anybody turn to physical violence. And I don't really condone violence either, but I try not to have too many morals when it comes to other people's problems. Hell, the mental pain Casey had to deal with was probably a lot worse than the physical pain Richard endured.

I'm still convinced that Richard has the makings of a sociopath and that Casey somewhat regrets letting his emotions get the better of him, though. (Just my opinion here, but I think that if you regret doing something... you aren't a bad person. It takes a strong person to say that they're sorry and mean it.)

But yeah, you're not alone in being a little bit ill about society's love of violence. There's a whole side out there that feels bad for the kid who got it handed to him. I just feel bad for him because he probably isn't in therapy for address his issues. Here's a video:

YouTube - Bully Richard Gale Interview on Today Tonight

He just looks like he's lying. You can see that Richard's eyes dart back and forth when he's talking to the interviewer about being taunted by Casey, whereas Casey looks the reporter straight in the eye. That's a fair sign of lying. The 5:39 part is where Richard says that he isn't sorry before correcting himself. Not to mention that his dad was coaching him to say the right thing to avoid his own embarrassment. I feel sorry for every party involved, especially Richard's parents. You can see that they're ashamed of their son's actions and don't want to be in the public eye any more than they need to. And while they're in that eye, they want to make themselves seem as innocent as possible.

Sometimes violence is the strongest thing to use. Not the 'right' thing, mind you, but definitely the strongest. I've stood up to people with my words and have gotten nothing out of it. But then Casey goes, beats some ass, and is a legend for everybody that couldn't stand up for themselves. I guess that's why I'm not totally against violence. I don't like unnecessary acts of it, but sometimes it just works out.

I wasn't saying that the bully didn't have some reaction coming to him. I have pretty much no sympathy for him, actually.

The biggest part that really bothers me about this situation is the whole "celebration of violence" scenario. Yeah, sometimes it is necessary to fight back. Yet turning a kid into a hero for doing so just might encourage acts of violence that are far from necessary in the lives of other kids.

Add in the fact that even one's foes have their own shit to deal with. That bully did not wake up one morning and decide to be amoral for the fuck of it. Sometimes such a person needs sense smacked into him, but even so, one has to remember that it is a human we are talking about, and celebrating the act of smacking him is a way of dehumanizing him. Responding to dehumanizing acts with dehumanizing acts is not really a solution to anything.

With that said, I think the common bully in school probably needs stronger moral guidance in his life. That bully was most likely raised with very little of it. Just because he has no regrets now does not make him a hopeless case. He doesn't need interviews on television - he needs his parents to do their fucking job.
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 04-May-2011 at 01:16.

muscleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post

Also... Justin Bieber... Oh my god he's so cute and I want to pick him up and put him in my pocket. He actually cares about others and doesn't tell kids to drink or smoke or do weed in the back of your mom's minivan. Can I just be in a coma until he's legal?
    omg! you love bieber too! finally someone in here!
    im not alone!
    Do you have msn or anything?

This story is far from unique.

Twenty-odd years ago there was a kid at a primary school who had special educational needs and was a lot smaller than the rest of the class. And there was the school bully, whom the staff had tried - and failed - to restrain.

The kid comes home one afternoon with an impressive black eye. Mother rings the school and asks the secretary what's been going on. Secretary says, "You should see the school bully: he went to hospital with a broken nose...", and goes on report that the staff watched it happen through the staff room window and cheered when it did!

muscleboy

Quote Originally Posted by BabyArtie View Post
    This story is far from unique.

Twenty-odd years ago there was a kid at a primary school who had special educational needs and was a lot smaller than the rest of the class. And there was the school bully, whom the staff had tried - and failed - to restrain.

The kid comes home one afternoon with an impressive black eye. Mother rings the school and asks the secretary what's been going on. Secretary says, "You should see the school bully: he went to hospital with a broken nose...", and goes on report that the staff watched it happen through the staff room window and cheered when it did!
    but was he bullied all his life? and it seems like the kid does have courage, casey the punisher never had so much courage