Thread: Help with linux

Default Help with linux

I've recently been trying to put ubuntu linux on my desktop computer, but when it is finished downloading nothing happens. I've tried clicking on some of the files but my computer won't read any of them. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong and am just looking for some tips from anyone with experience in this area. Any help will be much appreciated.

What are you trying to do, dual boot Ubuntu with Windows, or wipe Windows off and install Ubuntu? I think what you're getting at is that you downloaded the ISO file, but you don't know what to do afterwords, right?

You need to burn the ISO to a disk and then run the disk when you're booting your computer

Active@ ISO Burner. Data CD DVD burning software. Write ISO image to CD,DVD,CD-RW,CDR,DVD-RW. ISO burner

And here's a guide to booting from the disk that you burned How to Set BIOS to Boot from CDROM -

I've been having problems with windows so I want to just put ubuntu in place of it. I downloaded ubuntu straight from the ubuntu website, so I'm not sure if I downloaded the ISO file or not, but I don't know what to do next.