Thread: Facebook adding issue? Professionals Only Please.

BabyKlonoa

Arrow Facebook adding issue? Professionals Only Please.

This is not to give out a facebook account I just wanted to see if you can help salve this issue. I would go to the threads or yahoo answers if they didn't leave such stupid answers. Such as go kill your self =P

So any way a friend wanted to add me not telling who and not telling from were and it's not from this site. Actually there both a rl and non rl friend. They gave me there email to add them which I don't think he should of done but we done it in case I couldn't add him. Now any way when I add him period even through email search on facebook this error message pops up.

"1 of the email addresses you entered cannot be invited. The person may be on Facebook but have restricted privacy settings''

What does this mean? He also said this appeared on my facebook but I don't know how to get the add button back up. As well another friend from my school wanted to add me but said they couldn't because it doesn't have an Add button on my profile. Think you can help me of what settings I need to use to enable the add button? Sorry for this newbie question. This hasn't happened before and I was wondering what privacy settings I need to change in order to have it up. Though another friend from my school successfully added me some how.

It means that you aren't trying to add them, you are trying to send them an invite to start a Facebook profile. If they are already using that e-mail for their Facebook account, then the site tells you the e-mail is already being used, and says that maybe you can't find them when you search because they have privacy settings set to block it. Really, it just means that he already has Facebook.

Either way, you're doing it wrong.

BabyKlonoa

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    It means that you aren't trying to add them, you are trying to send them an invite to start a Facebook profile. If they are already using that e-mail for their Facebook account, then the site tells you the e-mail is already being used, and says that maybe you can't find them when you search because they have privacy settings set to block it. Really, it just means that he already has Facebook.

Either way, you're doing it wrong.
    I am not trying to invite him to make a profile. We each have our own profile already. As well you are off topic and not following the question please respect my questions. Though I know people make mistakes this isn't what the issue is nor do you not know what's going on sorry if I sound rude.The settings yes might be set to block add requests As well no one made anyone a profile. So do not accuse me of using someone elses email to make an account. As well not to sound rude again no one mentioned anything about that what so ever. The question is asking about the Privacy Settings and how I can fix them to be able to add him. I know how to use facebook just facebook is acting stupid again probably.

Well somewhat edited but sorry if I sound mean to you I am trying to be as detailed as possible.
    Last edited by BabyKlonoa; 03-May-2011 at 01:42.

Missing where Zephy went off-topic or accused you of anything? He answered the question correctly.

As for what to do, just tested it and it works fine. Look up their e-mail in the search bar at the top, it should find their profile (they may need to have it linked somehow for it to be found. I.E. I signed up with my hotmail account, but because I linked my yahoo I can find myself looking for that as well).