Thread: Dance Dance Revolution

Default Dance Dance Revolution

I probably am the only American who still plays it.

I have a foam pad for the PS2, and a lame cheap pad for the 360 (and the 360 version of DDR Universe 3 has notoriously unobtainable achievements). I play it on the PS2 quite often, and I can easily tackle most songs on "Heavy" at this point - although The Legend of Max is still highly intimidating to me.

It's a shame that most people lost interest in this - it's an excellent workout.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    I probably am the only American who still plays it.

I have a foam pad for the PS2, and a lame cheap pad for the 360 (and the 360 version of DDR Universe 3 has notoriously unobtainable achievements). I play it on the PS2 quite often, and I can easily tackle most songs on "Heavy" at this point - although The Legend of Max is still highly intimidating to me.

It's a shame that most people lost interest in this - it's an excellent workout.
    Lol, you're not the only one that plays it. I actually met many of my present friends hanging out at local arcades playing DDR.

Before my accident, I could play everything on a DDR machine on Heavy Single and pass with at least an A, and I could pass damn near everything on Doubles Heavy, although a couple of the flashing 10s got me. I had moved on to In the Groove and Pump It Up, and I was playing a lot of doubles on PIU.

These days, I can pass the Legend of Max on singles heavy on a good day, but I haven't spent nearly as much time or effort as I had before to get good again. I can pass most 9s on doubles.

I also have metal arcade-style home pads, but I never use them. They're awesome, but they still don't match up to the arcade experience. Also, most of the home versions have looser timing windows than their arcade counterparts (to account for lesser quality pads), bit because I was playing with some of the best players in the country, the home versions were super easy (I could AA The Legend of Max on heavy singles on the home version before my accident). I also still have my Japanese PS2 so I can play some of the old Japanese-only mixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of the games and the cheapo pad for PS2, though I don't play it as much as I know I should (I like the games, and the workout they provide, just need to get myself to play more often)

I have a DDR setup in my basement. It's basically a big CRT TV that connects to my laptop via S-Video, where I play Stepmania on a wooden platform modified from Redoctane foam mats. I'd go so far as to say it plays better than the metal arcade platforms.

I've been dreaming of having enough space and money for paired metal pads for years now. Unfortunately, given the ramshackle construction of my current apartment, I can even use my foam pad without the downstairs neighbors whining incessantly.

I loved that game, then I got old and fat! I still remember it fondly, though I never was very good at it.

DDR is great! I've been playing it since I was 9. Although I don't play as much anymore, I'll always play a few rounds of DDR if I see an arcade machine somewhere.

I'd say my comfort level of difficulty is around the 8 or 9 mark. I can't really pass any of the level 10 songs, except for Bag by RevenG. My favourite song on heavy is Tsugaru; I really love the off-beat tap dancing sequence in the middle .

I'll admit it - I rarely ever play it in the arcade. Basically because I do not see the point in spending $2 per game.

My comfort level of difficulty is around 8 or 9, and I have yet to beat Bag on Heavy. I don't have much trouble with Sakura, though - I actually think that 10-footer is easier than a lot of the 9-footers out there.

I used to have In The Groove for the PS2 - and that game was ridiculous. And impossible when it started to demand hands on the dance mat.

I love the game, but I rarely have the energy to play it anymore. I'm also not very good at it...I feel most comfortable on Standard and can only do some songs on Heavy. And I have a lot of difficulty playing it on arcades. A lot of them don't register my steps, and the ones that do have veeeerry slippery floors and I keep slipping.

I suck with the dance pad, but on stepmania I can play standard without a hitch, and heavy with some minor problems.