Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying into Canada

Default Flying into Canada

I am flying into Victoria, BC this evening and would like to know what stores there can I find decent plastic backed diapers.

I was there couple of months ago! =) It was beautiful out there.

I would recommend you to go to a Zellers store. They stock the store brand of Truly adult diapers, and that one of my favourite diapers. They are plastic backed, and pretty decent and fairly cheap!

Have a lovely trip!

Countryboy95

I'd say listen to Emmy shes been there and done that!! Have a nice trip!!

Yeah and buy some "Smarties". In the US, they're fizzy, fruity tablets; in Canada, they're a lot like M&M's!

If that doesn't blow your mind, I don't know what will!!!

(...but IMHO Canadian Smarties >>>>> M&M's)

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    Yeah and buy some "Smarties". In the US, they're fizzy, fruity tablets; in Canada, they're a lot like M&M's!

If that doesn't blow your mind, I don't know what will!!!)
    Haha, I was blown away when I found out the US didn't have chocolate Smarties. American Smarties are called Rockets here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBear View Post
    Haha, I was blown away when I found out the US didn't have chocolate Smarties. American Smarties are called Rockets here in Canada.
    My mom downs Rockets the way most people drink water. >_>

Sort of terrifying.

Anyway, I think that M&M's are generally better, but Smarties are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    My mom downs Rockets the way most people drink water. >_>

Sort of terrifying.

Anyway, I think that M&M's are generally better, but Smarties are still good.
    The grass is always greener...

I mentioned to Emmy that my experience is that Canada has FAR better candy than the US. Hershey's Chocolate (IMHO) has a real odd, overly sweet, synthetic taste. Cadbury's, though, mmmmmmmmmmm...... Plus, you have a wider selection of options, variations not available here: I would step over my own mother for a Crunchie or a Big Turk.

(I have single-handedly derailed this thread, haven't I? Apologies, apologies...)

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    The grass is always greener...

I mentioned to Emmy that my experience is that Canada has FAR better candy than the US. Hershey's Chocolate (IMHO) has a real odd, overly sweet, synthetic taste. Cadbury's, though, mmmmmmmmmmm...... Plus, you have a wider selection of options, variations not available here: I would step over my own mother for a Crunchie or a Big Turk.

(I have single-handedly derailed this thread, haven't I? Apologies, apologies...)
    I have no idea what a Big Turk is, and haven't seen a Crunchie in a couple years.

All's I care about is we have Kinder Surprises and they are banned in the U.S.

Sidenote: Hershey is my favourite brand of straight up milk chocolate.

All's I care about is we have Kinder Surprises and they are banned in the U.S.
    Hey! We must guard our nation from...you know...little pieces of plastic...(embarrassed eye-roll)

Sidenote: Hershey is my favourite brand of straight up milk chocolate.
    To each his (or her) own... :P

Wanna consider switching residencies for a stretch?

Wow I never knew about most of the candy facts on this thread... lol. I rarely go to US, so that's why I don't know most of the info. I like M&Ms way better than Smarties, btw. =)