Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion of me as a member?

Default What is your opinion of me as a member?

Well... I like this place a lot and I feel like I know you guys. like a little family. But sometimes I feel like I'm being a bit overbearing or inconsiderate with people thanks to my low rep after being here for so long.... No this isn't really a rep topic.

I just want to gather a generalized opinion of what I bring to this community, no this isn't me quitting or nothing. I'm here for a while but I'd like to be... more usefull? See how I can improve my post put a it more umph into it or see what are things that I myself as a person can improve upon the community.

So I'd like it if you took a brief time and answered some questions about me as a user....

1. Do I seem honest.... have I seemed to ever lie about who I am or what I am or my situation? Do I seem like a creeper?
    2. Am I overbearing with my opinions or closed minded?
    3. Is me being a christian obvious and if so do I give Christians a bad name, like am I one of them overbearing ones that people hate?
    4. Am I helpful user? Do I provide good insight or topics of discussion to this community?
    5. Any other hints or tips you'd give me?

Now to be clear i"m doing this as a little part of self improvement, did a paper on globalization and I'd like to like improve myself kind of like how I viewed the world slowly improving, learning from my mistakes and getting opinions from others and just doing a general self examination. I know I"m not perfect but I can always try! Thank you for your time.... the following was a broadcast by the "Help dragsnick improve" movement. Thank you for your attention.

I guess I can try to answer what I can here. I don't know how useful my comments will be considering I don't think I ever get offended by anything, and I'm not the most observant user here.

1. You seem honest, but being we are all only what/who we appear to be.
    2. Not that I've noticed.
    3. Not that I've noticed, you don't give Christians a bad name, but then again I'm not a real religious guy.
    4. I would say as much so as anyone else. You definitely don't post useless crap or anything.
    5. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Without answering your questions, because I feel very positive toward you, so the answers would be positive, I think we have overlooked you for your making the site interesting by posing so many interesting topics, and having the courage to start so many threads. Just imagine, there would be nothing to respond to if there weren't people like you on this site. I do think this should be rewarded. Sometimes we just forget to do the right thing.

1. Yeah, you seem pretty honest. Although, I wouldn't really know. I barely know you and don't stalk random users.
    2. Not really, or not noticably.
    3. Well, no not really. I find it's weird that about 3 articles or so about Christianity have popped up within the last couple days.
    4. Yeah, you're more helpful than me when I try. That's not really saying much since I rarely will have good advice to give on this site.
    [removed]
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Apr-2011 at 22:27. Reason: not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Without answering your questions, because I feel very positive toward you, so the answers would be positive, I think we have overlooked you for your making the site interesting by posing so many interesting topics, and having the courage to start so many threads. Just imagine, there would be nothing to respond to if there weren't people like you on this site. I do think this should be rewarded. Sometimes we just forget to do the right thing.
    ^^ Glad you have a positive opinion of me.

I wouldn't read too much into the rep. People often forget to rep something up if they like it, but seldom forget to rep down things that displease them. As long as your rep is not below zero, I wouldn't worry.

As far as my impression, I think you're neato torpedo! I'll also try pay more attention to giving rep to others in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBeau View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into the rep. People often forget to rep something up if they like it, but seldom forget to rep down things that displease them. As long as your rep is not below zero, I wouldn't worry.

As far as my impression, I think you're neato torpedo! I'll also try pay more attention to giving rep to others in the future.
    True but sometimes people neg rep you all the time and next thing you know your neg rep... even if you're very helpful... which sucks ya know?

forward

My impression is that only certain types of posts get repped -- usually the type that's really long, detailed, and has an intellectual bent. Shorter posts, or posts that are written in a less intellectual style, can contribute just as much to ADISC, but when it comes time for people to hand out rep those posts get overlooked.

Anyway, I enjoy your posts - I've spent the past year as a lurker, and in that time you've made several threads that I found very useful. You seem pretty honest and not overbearing. I actually had no idea you were a Christian, so I really don't think you have to worry about coming across as preachy or close-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post

1. Do I seem honest.... have I seemed to ever lie about who I am or what I am or my situation? Do I seem like a creeper?
    2. Am I overbearing with my opinions or closed minded?
    3. Is me being a christian obvious and if so do I give Christians a bad name, like am I one of them overbearing ones that people hate?
    4. Am I helpful user? Do I provide good insight or topics of discussion to this community?
    5. Any other hints or tips you'd give me?
    1. no
    2.not really
    3.no
    4.yes
    5. Biggest issue in my eyes is that you seem to crave attention, but I just may be noticing your posts more then others. Though this is currently stemming from a topic you made about dreaming of being super successful and seemingly needing to be on such a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    1. no
    2.not really
    3.no
    4.yes
    5. Biggest issue in my eyes is that you seem to crave attention, but I just may be noticing your posts more then others. Though this is currently stemming from a topic you made about dreaming of being super successful and seemingly needing to be on such a level.
    Ah interesting you're one of the interesting member around here. and maybe your right about me being a bit.of.an attention seeker never noticed.