Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Looney Tune?

Default Favorite Looney Tune?

Just as the title says, people. Who's your favorite Looney Tune? In my opinion, I love Foghorn Leghorn and (you know you love him) Daffy Duck.

There's no real competition for Bugs Bunny in my mind. Down from his heights of amazingness it's a much tougher call. I think I would generally say Foghorn Leghorn as an all around character but Daffy Duck has some really good cartoons. He's wildly uneven, perhaps a bit daffy, and he's almost a different character when paired with Bugs. Favorite all around antagonist...Wile E. Coyote.

I like most of them.

Pepe LePew, Wile E. Coyote, Bugs Bunny, Sylvester (but NOT Tweety...), Gossamer (The big hairy red monster), Marvin Martian, Taz, Speedy Gonzalez.

It's almost easier to just say that I don't like Tweety and leave it at that.

I have never even heard of most of the looney tunes you mention... Foghorn Leghorn? Pepe LePew? Goassamer? Marvin Martian? Speedy Gonzalez?

The only looney cartoon I really like is the roadrunner one, he is probably my favourite. I also used to love the Animaniacs.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I have never even heard of most of the looney tunes you mention...

Foghorn Leghorn?
    The rooster with the stuttering problem.

Pepe LePew?
    The French skunk who chases female cats around and kills them with his stench while trying to be romantic.

Gossamer? Marvin Martian?
    They appear together in several Bugs Bunny episodes where he winds up in space somehow. They also appeared in the Space Jam movie back in the late 80's (featuring Michael Jordan).

Speedy Gonzalez?
    The Mexican mouse, fastest mouse in the west. Tangled with Sylvester the Cat in dozens of episodes in the 60's.

I agree with Trevor, if only because Bugs was the most flexible character of the bunch. Sylvester, Daffy, Porky Pig, all those other ones were one-trick ponies.

I do love them all, though, right up until the whole damned outfit jumped the shark in those movies in the late 70's.

Damn it's so difficult to pick one, I seriously loved them all. If I had to pick one I'd say Roadrunner...maybe...but I really like Bugs, Foghorn Leghorn, Taz, Elmer Fudd, Speedy Gonzalez as well.

Speedy Gonzalez and Road Runner.