Thread: Girl troubles...

Default Girl troubles...

So, there's this girl... my friend wants me to go to prom with her. I don't really like her... but, I figured: Eh, what the hell? It's just one night...

Then, he said that he wanted us to be friends afterward. Now, I know my friend means well. He honestly thinks that this girl likes me, and that I would like her. I really don't like her... and the worst part is, he also told me that he hopes that we may turn into a couple 0.0

Now, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and I'm not going to skip out on going with her to prom (besides, we might as well be going together; her dress already matches my tux :x). What do I do?

"This was nice. We should do this again some time. I'll call you."

Never call.

You could try fixing your friend up with someone that he obviously doesn't like, then be like "annoying, isn't it?".

Quote Originally Posted by Zephy View Post
    "This was nice. We should do this again some time. I'll call you."

Never call.

You could try fixing your friend up with someone that he obviously doesn't like, then be like "annoying, isn't it?".
    It's not like I can really get away from her... she doesn't have any of my classes, but my friend insists that I sit at his table at lunch, which is also her table. She even knows where to find me often. She has my phone number as well.

Besides, he's trying to do something nice for me... It's not like he's not aware of my dislike. He thinks that I'm just not giving her a chance.

Just hang with her but act and appear completely uninterested couple-wise and hooking up-wise, and u may fall into the "friend zone". and life will go on.

yea i'd just go with the flow and enjoy prom with her "as friends" You'll have a good time either way. Just next time i'd say ask the girl you want to ask out as soon as possible before someone else finds u your prom date. That happened to me but luckily we both like eachother so it works ^_^.

Enjoy Prom! :p

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    Besides, he's trying to do something nice for me... It's not like he's not aware of my dislike. He thinks that I'm just not giving her a chance.
    In that case, tell him. If he doesn't know that you are not really interested in this girl then he doesn't know that this is bothering you. Just tell him, openly and clearly, that whilst she is a nice girl as things stand you don't really like her as anything more than a prom date, and have no interest in this developing further. If he still thinks that you are not giving her a chance then promise to do so at prom - at prom you will hopefully have a chance to get to know her a little better, and so if your feelings haven't changed after prom you can confirm to your friend that even after getting to know her a little you don't really think you have much in common or are very compatible.

Then past telling your friend that I agree with MikeyxBaby - if she is part of your friend's circle of friends you cannot avoid her, but just hang out with her in a way which confirms that you are only interested in being friends with her, and nothing more. If she does like you or thinks you like her then she should realise after a while that you are not if you don't try to pursue things with her.

Good luck and have fun at prom