View Poll Results: Which position do you change your diaper in?

67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standing Up

19 28.36%
  • Laying Down

42 62.69%
  • Other

6 8.96%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing Positions

Question Changing Positions

So I got around to thinking this morning about the best ways to change a diaper. For those of us that change ourselves (I assume that is most of us), do you do it standing up (holding the diaper up against a wall as you go to fasten it) or laying down? Do you have any methods for fastening the tapes a certain way?

I don't think it matters if you are incontinent or just like to wear. What method works best for you?

laying down of course, one advantage is that, well, once your finished you can fall straight to sleep, other than that when standing up, gravity makes things dfficult.

I lay down and diaper up. I just find that it's easier.

I say standing up, but it depend by what kind of diaper is. If is a pull-up is easier while standing up, and since I use this Kind I find standing up the best position.

Also, when I tried adult diapers I used to change them standing up.

I prefer to change in a combination style. I begin by laying the diaper out open on a flat surface such as a toilet lid, bed, or chair. I then sit down on the diaper and fasten the first tape on one side. With that done I then stand up and finish with the rest of the tapes. It's always worked well for me... and it's pretty fast.

I prefer diapering up lying down, but I need a hard surface. A bed won't do because I never seem to get a snug fit when diapering on a soft surface. So I end up doing it on the floor. However, when I'm in a hurry, in public, or in a confined space, I have to do it standing up. I've gotten used to it from all the times I've put on a diaper in a (small) train bathroom.

Even since Darkfinn posted that guide on doing it, I've done it that way. It really is the best method I've come across.

Like Peachy said, I've done it in public standing up like at the movies or something. But other than that I sit down. Makes it easier to get a pretty good amount of powder on the diaper.

Its laying down for me too. Except when putting on one of my cloth pull on diapers. And I normally stand when putting on my plastic pants too.

i use darkfinn's method, although i never read the guide. reading time!