Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lonely

Unhappy Lonely

Where I come from furries are so unbelievably rare or very good at hiding, it makes me feel extremely lonely and like a outcast :'(

sorry if it sounds like am sounding to negative but life can be annoying when you feel different

Honestly... going on different *chans and seeing all the crap furries get.. I have to feel for you; it is never fun feeling like an outcast. We all get that when it comes to our fetish. Furry wise it seems a little harder with the negativity that goes around some websites.

In the end however, you are not alone. There are others just like you who feel the same way about your interests what not. (I don't know much about the furry except that there are pictures as people like animals so I can't say I understand what it's all about)

It takes time to find people with the same interests in some areas as that is one of the issues I have found in the ab/dl society from looking at many posts. It takes time to find people, but the good news is there is time. Stay strong friend.

Great to hear some positive honest words, thanks

If being a furry is such a massive chunk of your identity that it's influencing feelings of alienation I'd recommend taking a step back to re-think its significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    If being a furry is such an abundant part of your identity that it's influencing feelings of alienation I'd recommend taking a step back.
    Maybe but am proud of being a furry and love the art etc only thing which makes me sad is fact I am only furry I knowledgeably know in my town so it makes me have to hide most parts of my identity just for acceptance, however if i knew one just one person like me in my town I would have someone I could feel reasonably comfy around and feel more normal.

As you have stated "such a massive chunk of my identity"
    well in my eyes it is quite a large part of me as I usually spend most my time with just people I trust and keep myself to myself however that isn't what makes it a big chunk (obviously), what makes it a big chunk is how it allows me to understand myself, being a furry allows me to see myself in a better light and makes me happy and you could even say keeps me sane, and I wouldn't give up being a furry for anything.

If you need to express your interest in funny animals to feel ''normal'' I think you're putting far too much emphasis how much that interest defines you.

I don't feel the need to hide that I like Doctor Who, but I recognize not everyone needs to know that I like it to feel acceptance from my peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    If you need to express your interest in funny animals to feel ''normal'' I think you're putting far too much emphasis how much that interest defines you.

I don't feel the need to hide that I like Doctor Who, but I recognize not everyone needs to know about it
    true maybe I have said what I think incorrectly, and thank you for your honestly but in all honestly all I want is someone irl who shares my interests; that is easiest way I can put it

I do know exactly how you feel. Meeting new people can be very difficult for some people... me being one of them. I don't have any friends & I don't know how to meet any (plus I am very scared of social situations). It's nice to have friends with actual shared interests too. I hope you can find some friends eventually. Maybe you could meet some people online, then one day meet in a public place, or something like that.

in the UK? the furry population density tends to be much larger in england than most other places. and even if you think there's none around, i *promise* that there are. we're frickin everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupan View Post
    Maybe but am proud of being a furry and love the art etc only thing which makes me sad is fact I am only furry I knowledgeably know in my town so it makes me have to hide most parts of my identity just for acceptance, however if i knew one just one person like me in my town I would have someone I could feel reasonably comfy around and feel more normal.

As you have stated "such a massive chunk of my identity"
    well in my eyes it is quite a large part of me as I usually spend most my time with just people I trust and keep myself to myself however that isn't what makes it a big chunk (obviously), what makes it a big chunk is how it allows me to understand myself, being a furry allows me to see myself in a better light and makes me happy and you could even say keeps me sane, and I wouldn't give up being a furry for anything.
    I can understand how being a furry can be a large part of your life.

When it comes to my own life, I myself am in some ways transgendered, so when it comes to my life in order to feel like myself I express myself for who I am, even though I know I won't be accepted by everyone.

Just like yourself, I have to keep it hidden but there is not much one can do about that. There is a point between when its ok to be proud and strut your stuff, and then a time for self restraint so you can meet other people and get a feeling of welcomeness.

This does not mean that you must live a lie in order to make friends as if you can't be yourself then it is not a friendship at all. Good observation and knowing who your friends are will give you an idea on who you can tell what.

Wanting to find others such as yourself is something that is great. It's never a bad thing to meet people who have the same interests and can empathize on similar situations that they are going through.

The world is BIG however, and that creates a challenge in finding people who are much like yourself. You will find them but it will take time.

If you want to find other furries such as yourself I think that is a great thing! I also think however that if you take the time to appreciate the friends you have now while waiting to find that friend that shares the same likes and traits, you will be more fullfilled. ^_^