Thread: Plastic Pants

Default Plastic Pants

I have some but I dont see the point. When my disposable diaper leaks it always leaks at the leg gathers. Plastic pants offer no protection there so whats the point of wearing them with disposables? Pinhole leaks? Noise?

HelloSchroddy

Maybe they work for some people. Im pretty sure the main idea is that they're for cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Somethingdifferent View Post
    Maybe they work for some people. Im pretty sure the main idea is that they're for cloth diapers.
    ^^^This. Plastic pants with disposables are an added layer of protection, but a very minimal addition. They'll help contain the smallest leak from the legs (something that would otherwise leave a spot on your pants less than 1-2 cm), or contain the effects of small pinhole leaks.

Mainly, though, plastic pants are the main waterproof membrane for cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    I have some but I dont see the point. When my disposable diaper leaks it always leaks at the leg gathers. Plastic pants offer no protection there so whats the point of wearing them with disposables? Pinhole leaks? Noise?
    there is no point in wearing plackies over dispies, as any leaked fluid will just slosh around and eventually seep or be squirted out. try trainer-pants, instead (plastic-pants with a cloth/terry lining).

We who like them like the look, feel, sound, smell...

As to disposables, they offer one more layer to get past, and if the disposable leaks you can feel it before it seeps. Heavy disposables sag at the crotch and pp's hold things in place. Nothing will keep in a perfect flood; but I throw a cloth layer over the disp and have an added layer of security. We who grew up in cloth and pp's find the whole effect reminds us better of infancy or grade school.

You possibly could try terry-lined all-in-ones for the absorbtion ; also low-riders might be useful for "holding it all in" as far as pp's over disps.

I had some brand, I forget which, that seeped out the material at night after wetting the bed heavy. Plastic pants did stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taki View Post
    I had some brand, I forget which, that seeped out the material at night after wetting the bed heavy. Plastic pants did stop this.
    Thats good

as mentioned above regular plastic pants are usually used with cloth diapers or to prevent small leaks in disposables. I will use a pair of plastic pants at night over my disposable that are either lined or just regular ones with a layer of cloth added in to catch anything that gets past the disposable.

one thing to mention about using plastic pants with disposables is that they do add a extra layer of heat retention which isn't bad in the winter times but during the summer can get a bit uncomfortable.