Thread: A bit of confusion and good news!

Wink A bit of confusion and good news!

So I keep seeing this over and over again on these forums of people who misinterpret what a furry is, I have even read it in the article about babyfur/littlefur, where characters such as Bugs Bunny ect... are called furry.

I would like to clarify this point, A furry is not a animated character with human characteristics. That would be a an Anthropomorphic animal. A furry is the person who is the fan of an Anthro character.

All furrys are anthro yes, but not all anthros are furry.

I would also like to use this posting to say this, so the other night I was talking to my mom and I mentioned I needed money for RMFC (we were talking about tax refunds) She then asked where I was going. I told her I would tell her later, that it was hard to explain, she threatened to take my car (her car) and not let me leave for the night, So I ended up telling her it was called RMFC and that she could google it.

I ended up getting a call about 30 minutes later, where I got a reply from her saying she thought it sounded cool and she did not understand why I did not want to say anything, kinda had to tell her about the "bad" side of the fandom. But long story short, Got a positive reaction and it's nice having that out of the way

Congratulations! I have a friend who also gets confused with furries and I have to explain it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I ended up getting a call about 30 minutes later, where I got a reply from her saying she thought it sounded cool and she did not understand why I did not want to say anything, kinda had to tell her about the "bad" side of the fandom. But long story short, Got a positive reaction and it's nice having that out of the way
    If you're able to say, what is the bad side to the fandom? I am trying to figure out more about the furry thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post
    If you're able to say, what is the bad side to the fandom? I am trying to figure out more about the furry thing myself.
    There is a CSI episode called Fur and loathing in las vegas, Portrays people in fursuits having sex, I guess when I say "bad" side I just mean the sexual/fetish side

Oh I've seen that one, but don't remember much about it. I have seen the AB one and remember most of it and it was over the top and too stereotypical.