Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about shaving privates - Frequency

Default Question about shaving privates - Frequency

this question is for thoes of you that shave down there all the time. How long do you waite befor you reshave down there

Like shaving my legs, it's best to wait a couple days before doing it again. I find that if I do it everyday, I start getting lots of nicks, cuts, and razor burn.. and so I try to hold out as long as possible before shaving, though not long enough to where it starts getting itchy!

Though I have sensitive skin, I don't know if this applies to everyone!

The shaving thing all depends on how hairy you are. As for me, I shave every three days.
    If you have just started, you might want to start off buy trimming the area really short.
    Then after that shave. A hint thou, when you start to shave the private areas. You might want to use a lotion after.
    Then let it grow in a little bit before shaving again.

I generally shave every other day or so and always while I'm in the shower. The warm/hot water loosens up the skin a bit. Another big thing ... ALWAYS use a sharp razor. If you think your blade's getting dull, don't even use it for that area or you'll get razor burn bad... or at least I do.

I'm not a military barber, why are you asking me? And what is down there, you mean lower ranks? Heh heh, I know the drill. And the razor, but I'm not a barber, so I don't - and I'm a dentist. Hey! I do know the drill!

I'm a dude, and I'm all about the trim, not fully smooth. I probably do maintenance once a month or so.

I do it about once or twice a week. I shower in the mornings, and rarely have time to do it before work.

I'll agree on the dull thing. I can generally only use a razor 2-3 times before it starts getting pretty much useless.

I'm not a very hairy individual, so I do it once maybe every week if I want to remain relatively hairless down there. If I'm feelin lazy I might wait two weeks or so, or until I shave my "beard" as well :p .

I've been shaving that area for years and am thankful for the newer shavers from Intuition. I shave every other day, in the shower, keeping the diaper area completely free of hair. If I wait longer I start to itch a little. If you shave often you won't have shaving rashes and if you get a rash Desitin works. I personally think keeping the hair away helps with odors. So does changing regularly. And I love the way diapers feel without all that icky hair!

I'm a pretty hairy guy on my arms, legs, and groin. For many years, I've used an electric razor to shave the hair on my body down to a "#1" length about every two weeks. Keeping the hair very short on my diaper area helps with staying clean. Just be very careful when shaving. It's a bit of a hassle, but worth it.