Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religion and TG

Default Religion and TG

Ok this is just out of my head and because of my curiosity. Is it possible the being TG can be a good thing or would it be considered a sin against god, or is there some way that it is a gift from god to be TG. This is just to clear the curiosity in my head. I don't know if there was another thread posted about this. I am catholic by the way.

Depends entirely on your perception of God, if you ask me. Transgenderism is simply a strange quirk of biology- that much is certain. If you asked me, I believe that things happen for reasons and if you're TG, then that's what God meant for you. Although I'm Wiccan, this extends back to the point I considered myself Christian. However, there are also Catholics who think everyone who's different is evil. So it's largely how you perceive the nature and intentions of God.

Any real God would not hate a person for being transgender. Being transgender does not kill nor injure others. The idea that God hates gays or transgenders is just a lie created by people with their own hateful agendas. A hateful god is no god at all.

I am agnostic.... Leaning toward agnostic theist and away from agnostic atheist, I suppose. I was Episcopal when I was very little, then Catholic. I don't really quite consider myself Catholic anymore.

Butterfly Mage

It wouldn't be a big deal in Wicca. There is nothing about being transgendered that violates the Rede.

Anyone with a thread of intelligence should understand that being transgendered is a product of nature, how the individual brain formed, body chemistry, environment, all the many reasons which are completely beyond the control of the individual. People who negatively judge or condemn are obviously insecure about themselves, and so take it out on others. The definition of sin is anything that separates the individual from God. How God or nature made you, therefore, cannot be a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Anyone with a thread of intelligence should understand that being transgendered is a product of nature, how the individual brain formed, body chemistry, environment, all the many reasons which are completely beyond the control of the individual. People who negatively judge or condemn are obviously insecure about themselves, and so take it out on others. The definition of sin is anything that separates the individual from God. How God or nature made you, therefore, cannot be a. sin.
    I just not sure what it is because when I looked up Transgenderism on google, it showed that it could be a state of mental illness, a rebel against god's plan, and bunch of other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by babywolfy1 View Post
    I just not sure what it is because when I looked up Transgenderism on google, it showed that it could be a state of mental illness, a rebel against god's plan, and bunch of other stuff.
    That information sounds very out of date. They used to believe that 50 years ago, but neither the psychological community or mainstream churches would support it. The mainstream church would say, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

AmbezeSubHealth

A transgenderism being a sin against God is how I view Christianity. No rhyme or reason just a gigantic collection of purity rules no one should have respect for.

Quote Originally Posted by babywolfy1 View Post
    Actually, whereas the origin of homosexuality is something we understand poorly, transgenderism we have a decent grasp on. Let's say Mom and Dad conceive an XX (female) embryo. However, Mom has elevated levels of testosterone in he blood throughout pregnancy. Bingo! Embryo will still develop with a female mind, but with a fully functional male body. However, transgenderism also has many, many etiologies (two people can become transgendered from entirely unrelated causes). So it's not fully understood. But we do know that it's something an in utero developmental defect.