Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you actually thoroughly study AB related things/topics?

Default How many of you actually thoroughly study AB related things/topics?

Hello everybody,

Ever since that one thought popped up (that's in my other recently made topic ), I've been reading quite a bit around here, and also posting here and there.
    Not just that though, I've been trying to read up on 'related' (?) topics, such as infantilism in itself, pacifiers, security blankets, etc.
    It's mostly the psychological aspects that I seem to find real interesting though, but still, I read up on it because I think it's real interesting.

My question simply comes down to how many of you actually like to study the subject?

Miku

Yep, I know I do. This fetish is also kind of a hobby for me, so I like to do a lot of research and reading in my spare time about diapers, abdl, tbdl, all of that lol. It's more fun to research when you're wearing a diaper at the same time x]

Eh. I'd like to do some reading on infantilism, but the source material just isn't really there. Wikipedia lists a number of articles on the topic as sources, but most of them are particularly rudimentary and don't tell me anything I haven't learned from searching the web on my own for over 10 years.

I've looked for other source material in the past but I tend to not find much, or find more than I care to wade through. For example, I just ran a PubMed search for "paraphilic infantilism" and got two articles returned, only one of which is about paraphilic infantilism (which is the disorder which links all the people on this site aside from incons). Though the article was from 1990, and I think that we're a community much more known to the psychiatric community now, it makes clear that it's the first such case study of paraphilic infantilism in the literature ever. Also, it's not a particularly interesting article, and it focuses on an 80 year old man who was found out to be an infantilist only after he was arrested for flashing his neighbors. The article also refers to us as "exceedingly rare."

[Aside: I tend to assume that the occurrence of most fetishes is grossly under reported. Most often, literature only finds examples in people arrested for sexual deviancy. Which also helps paint a rosy picture for us. I've yet to read a source on paraphilic behaviors that recognizes that conclusions are being drawn on data with fantastically shitty methods of collection.]

Reducing the search terms to simple "infantilism" returns 576 articles, but that contains a lot of false positives. For example, the fifth article returned is from a Brazilian journal and is fabulously titled Combined 17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase deficiency due to a homozygous 25 BP duplication (NT 4157-4181) at exon 5 in the CYP17 resulting in a premature stop codon predicted by molecular modeling. Sounds like a page turner, no? I know what that title means, and believe me, unless you've taken a course in genetics and enjoyed it, you won't enjoy this article. This also displays the problem of not searching specifically for paraphilic infantilism. The word "infantilism" is actually quite malleable and is often used to describe people distinctly not us. The article I just mentioned, for example, describes a condition which in women leads to sexual infantilism, which is a fancy way of saying a woman fails to undergo puberty, or at least fails to go through the pubertal stages leading to proper physical and emotional sexual development.

So, I would very much like to do more reading in infantilism. But stuff to read simply doesn't exist.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:27 ----------

Combined 17 alpha-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase deficiency due to a homozygous 25 BP duplication (NT 4157-4181) at exon 5 in the CYP17 resulting in a premature stop codon predicted by molecular modeling
    I honestly don't know if I love or hate the fact that I know what every part of that means.

i do search sometimes but its mostly for new websites that sell things and new innovations that are made for kids that could be utilized by us as well

Lostsouls

Quote Originally Posted by P0KEM0N View Post
    Yep, I know I do. This fetish is also kind of a hobby for me, so I like to do a lot of research and reading in my spare time about diapers, abdl, tbdl, all of that lol. It's more fun to research when you're wearing a diaper at the same time x]
    This, this so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    I honestly don't know if I love or hate the fact that I know what every part of that means.
    Me either, makes me feel smart but also like a real nerd.

its interesting to research and see what idiots put about us. It normally contains alot of cursing and alot of hating. They hate us because we have the courage to wear diapers and be ourself while they don't want to leave the safety of society.

"When society abandons you... Abandon society!"

Quote Originally Posted by P0KEM0N View Post
    Haha, I can imagine.
    It's not (yet?) a hobby - like I haven't undertaken any actions to my interests besides reading up on it. I kind of know myself and I think it could be a hobby of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFox View Post
    So, I would very much like to do more reading in infantilism. But stuff to read simply doesn't exist.
    Hmm, I thought I was trying to enrich myself quite a bit, but it seems that you have gone through a lot more effort to try and find articles to read. Do you mind linking me to that 1990 article?
    Anyhow, what I did read I've come to find really quite interesting.
    Along which lines is the reading material you are looking for, anyway? Granted, there isn't much, but there is 'something'.
    I know one article explaining about different reasons why AB or DL people like diapers, which I found to be quite interesting - if it wasn't for the language barrier I would post it here (it's in Dutch).

Quote Originally Posted by cascadestar View Post
    its interesting to research and see what idiots put about us. It normally contains alot of cursing and alot of hating. They hate us because we have the courage to wear diapers and be ourself while they don't want to leave the safety of society.

"When society abandons you... Abandon society!"
    That's really stupid. I haven't come to find such 'article' yet, but I wouldn't have been surprised. What is there to hate about people that have that courage? Also, what is there to be unsafe? Most people aren't really themselves anyway (or that's the impression I get), so yeah...

Plus, that's a nice quote.

When I started it I did some research but other things caught my interest in the process and then I was researched other things, such as now I'm on science.

Quote Originally Posted by CozyZeeRho View Post
    Hmm, I thought I was trying to enrich myself quite a bit, but it seems that you have gone through a lot more effort to try and find articles to read. Do you mind linking me to that 1990 article?
    Anyhow, what I did read I've come to find really quite interesting.
    Along which lines is the reading material you are looking for, anyway? Granted, there isn't much, but there is 'something'.
    I know one article explaining about different reasons why AB or DL people like diapers, which I found to be quite interesting - if it wasn't for the language barrier I would post it here (it's in Dutch).
    Link to the article won't do you any good on its own- PubMed just has the abstract. I have access to the journal (British Journal of Psychiatry) through my university library, though. If you'd like it, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Also, I said that a search for "paraphilic infantilism" returned two results. Believe it or not, this is the one that paints us in a good light, relatively speaking. The other one is a case study of what reads like a D story. :puke:

Anyway, as to what I look for in research, the term "research" refers exclusively to material which has been peer-reviewed or work that's preparing for a publication. Ie, research is something very, very different from googling. But that's just a symantic difference between academia and the general public.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Did some more reading. The discussion of the article actually references two earlier studies in 1964 and 1966 which described cases of diaper fetishism (which leaves me to wonder why the abstract said that no other descriptions in the literature were known to exist. I'll look them up and see what I learn about them. I can also run a citation index search on this article and see if anything pops up. We're certainly a much more established and visible community since 1990, so perhaps we aren't 'exceedingly rare' anymore. I still wonder why more recent papers on the topic wouldn't make PubMed, though.