Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend's kinky fetish might doom our relationship.

Default My boyfriend's kinky fetish might doom our relationship.

Advice on manners and morals (May 29, 2008). - - Slate Magazine

Sweet Jesus nooo! We're in another sex and relationship column and -

Wait! Did I read that right? This Prudence woman is actually supporting the fetish? And she actualy did real research into infantilism? No way!

Customizer

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Advice on manners and morals (May 29, 2008). - - Slate Magazine

Sweet Jesus nooo! We're in another sex and relationship column and -

Wait! Did I read that right? This Prudence woman is actually supporting the fetish? And she actualy did real research into infantilism? No way!
    Any writer who cites Wikipedia is not a professional writer at all. This publication is just something to blow your nose with on a Sunday morning.

All the writer did was turn the person's letter around.

As for the girlfriend, the bitch should have dumped him the moment she found herself intolerant, despite saying she couldn't imagine "living without him."

Why did the girlfriend try to get advice from a low-ball publication when she could have spoken to a psychologist or other health expert.

Call me crazy, but this letter response makes me think of some desperate and nervous boyfriend who is posing as the girlfriend.

Either the two get counseling and she accepts his lifestyle, or she leaves him so he can pursue someone who will accept him and his fantasies.

She didn't cite Wikipedia so much as she provided a link to some helpfull information.

I agree that the girlfriend should probably have dumped him instead of treating him that way.

Customizer

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    She didn't cite Wikipedia so much as she provided a link to some helpfull information.

I agree that the girlfriend should probably have dumped him instead of treating him that way.
    Very true. She has two options: Accept or dump. Option three is out of the question because she has no current tolerance for his behavior.

I posted a thread on this back when the article came out and we had some good responses.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...spectives.html

If you didn't see the discussion on the article, I think that was more revealing than Prudence's response as it shows how the average person might react to what we do.

Funny, it's like the one I posted (This JUNK makes me SICK!) but with a better outcome.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I posted a thread on this back when the article came out and we had some good responses.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...spectives.html

If you didn't see the discussion on the article, I think that was more revealing than Prudence's response as it shows how the average person might react to what we do.
    Heh, and my words there still stand.

But just to add to that, one possible reason I think that people within this fetish wish to tell others about it is that we run it through our heads so many times, that we begin to justify it. That we convince ourselves that it's all okay and that if we can accept it, then so can other people. We should all probably remember that these people have probably never heard of it before, and therefore haven't had the time to sit and mull over it. So what is a perfectly okay thing to us (and it is) can easily be seen to come across as surprising to others. Without that knowledge that we have there for them, they assume the worse.

I'm inpressed at the advice that she offered that lady. It was true and helpful. Good find!

redtails

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    I'm inpressed at the advice that she offered that lady. It was true and helpful. Good find!
    I must say the advice was actually positive yeah. It was very cliché: "a rash decision", "it'll be difficult to absorb the news", but all in all it was positive.

The news is all about sensation though, and the acceptance-level of most people falls far below the earth's surface. Sadly, the girlfriend or whoever it might be will most likely forget about the advice as it goes against her sense of "normal" and she'll probably dump the guy. But, wonders can happen, and not all people are evil

Darkfinn

That was so full of underhanded diaper puns that it wasn't even funny. The author is poking fun at us in a very vile away. I don't like it.