Thread: Dry 24/7 plastic vs Bambino plastic

Default Dry 24/7 plastic vs Bambino plastic

I see that there is a Canadian distrubuter for Dry 24/7. I love the look of them and it sounds like they perform well. I reciently bought a case of bambino biancos and they do hold a lot but I am not too crazy about the plastic they used. It's stiff and not as soft as expected. There is asolutely no shine to them. I found some pics in the forum of the dry 24/7 diapers. The plastic looks very soft and has a shine to it. Please describe the type of plastic used and opinions/experience with the 24/7's
    Maybe if you could compare the plastic to a similar diaper.

I think some of the Dry 24/7s I got from XP Medical where part of the "bad" batch. The ones that have the sort of little balls of plastic on the outside. So they might not be the best to judge by but the plastic on them is pretty stiff. Not as soft as Abena and no where near as soft as Molicare. Abenas actually have pretty nice plastic, it's more the padding I don't like as it's relatively stiff.

I'm willing to give the Dry 24/7s another shot but I really need to order the smalls direct from Drycare since XP Medical doesn't carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by attends8 View Post
    I see that there is a Canadian distrubuter for Dry 24/7. I love the look of them and it sounds like they perform well. I reciently bought a case of bambino biancos and they do hold a lot but I am not too crazy about the plastic they used. It's stiff and not as soft as expected. There is asolutely no shine to them. I found some pics in the forum of the dry 24/7 diapers. The plastic looks very soft and has a shine to it. Please describe the type of plastic used and opinions/experience with the 24/7's
    Maybe if you could compare the plastic to a similar diaper.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the Bambino plastic excessively stiff. I got road rash on my inner thighs after an hour in a Teddy. Bummer, they're cool prints and are much, much more absorbent than ABU's....

I'm trying to get some Dry 24/7's up in Canada. I'll compare them with my Bambino's when I do.

I haven't tried the 24/7s, but I know I didn't care much for Bambino. I'm using Molicares at the moment, but I plan on testing 24/7s in the very near future. Bambino to me was far too noisy and did not absorb quickly enough for me. However, they did have a high capacity and fit snugly, despite sometimes feeling a tad tight.

Quote Originally Posted by banter View Post
    I think some of the Dry 24/7s I got from XP Medical where part of the "bad" batch. The ones that have the sort of little balls of plastic on the outside. So they might not be the best to judge by but the plastic on them is pretty stiff. Not as soft as Abena and no where near as soft as Molicare. Abenas actually have pretty nice plastic, it's more the padding I don't like as it's relatively stiff.

I'm willing to give the Dry 24/7s another shot but I really need to order the smalls direct from Drycare since XP Medical doesn't carry them.
    Must be a bad batch. The medium Dry 24/7's that I got in December from XPMedical have very smooth, soft plastic that feels a bit thicker than what is used for Abenas. (I don't know about shiny; it's not as shiny as the taping panel on a Bambino.)

Incidentally, when I first tried Bambinos, I kept hearing about how smooth the plastic was. But the batch I got had those plastic 'balls' on the exterior, so the plastic was rough. I just got another case of Bambinos (new Teddies with the non-stretch tapes), and the plastic is very smooth. Ahh, manufacturing and QC

I have both and I'd say the plastic on the Dry 24/7 is a bit smoother but it's not really shiny at all. At least it's not shiny like the old Attends or the Unique Wellness briefs. I love the Dry 24/7 but they can be kinda hot especially in the summer time. The plastic is very thick and they are just so big that the plastic wings overlap quite a bit. The plastic isn't as soft as Abenas are but they are softer than Bambinos.

"Soft" is probably not the best way to discuss plastic now that I think about it. What I like about Molicare is the more rubbery quality of their plastic. I'm not as concerned with smoothness, although that is nice.