Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disiney Movies Are Amazing!!

Smile Disiney Movies Are Amazing!!

This is not a TB or AB post. My friends and I find old Disney cartoon movies to be hilarious. I'm talking like Robin Hood, Aldin, Jungle Book, those kind of movies. They are just so entertaining and full of adult humor. Disney must add little adult jokes into the movies that kids wouldn't notice but parents would. Tell me what you think.

I always used to watch Disney movies! As for adding little adult jokes im for it, other children movies have them already, or is that kid movies? I'm not sure.

I love watching Disney. Actually, my entire fraternity house loves Disney. We have sorority girls over all the time to watch Disney movies with us- they love it since they all get to sing their favorite movies (though we're usually singing just as loud) and we don't mind the feminine company! :P I love the Lion King- that's been my favorite movie of all time. Everyone else hates watching it with be because I know almost every single line. Beauty and the Beast is good as well, another favorite... Hell, I got a Disney quote in my signature! :P

I'm generally not a fan of the 90s revival films; The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, etc. I got way too over exposed to them at the time. I do dig some of the later "failures" from after that period like Mulan, Tarzan, and Atlantis. Lilo & Stitch is probably my favorite of the newer Disney flicks.

I honestly haven't watched any of the 40s-60s movies other than Fantasia since I was a little kid. I probably should.

I have recently rewatched a few old Disney films (most recently Aladdin) and it's amazing how many little things you notice once you're old enough to understand them - I have a new appreciation for the quality of Disney (excepting the Disney channel, that's just a shameless cash-in).

Oddly enough, my favorite Disney animated film is the one that almost killed the Disney animation studio.

The Black Cauldron

That was a massive budget film that was an initial box office flop. I guess audiences weren't prepared for a PG-rated Disney animation back in the '80s.

I also love the vintage Disney films (Fantasia in particular). I am not a huge fan of anything they did in the '90s or after, though. I am a huge fan of Pixar and Studio Ghibly, but technically, all that Disney does with their films is act as distributor.

Down with Disney! Hail 4Kids!

To all who watch Yugioh Abridged, that joke makes sense. All jokes aside, I like Disney mostly for their music. I'm not a fan of the franchise itself, however.

I had high hopes for The Princess and the Frog but I really disliked it.

Disney pissed me off for the last time when they put Sonny Bono up to sponsoring legislation to extend artistic copyright just to protect their cash cow, Mickey Mouse, for another half a century.

Public Domain is all but dead because of Mike Eisner and those greedy bastards.

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

PS: Regarding "slipping adult humor into kid's movies" - all the old cartoon studios did that - primarily because those cartoons were never really geared to kids - they were mostly shown in front of a feature movie at a movie house or drive-in theater. Hence, there was a veritable mountain of cultural references and highly adult content. Watch some old Bugs Bunny or other WB stuff, early Tom and Jerry (MGM era, earlier the better), Heckle and Jeckle, Woody Woodpecker, hell, the list goes on and on - but the important thing to watch for is the date - 50's and earlier was the stuff that wasn't really geared for kids. You can see the rapid decline in overall humor level in the mid 60's when they started producing material specifically for the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" market.

Some studios defiantly dug in and kept doing what they always did (WB comes immediately to mind with the Roadrunner and, to a lesser extent, Speedy Gonzales) and caught vicious flak from parent groups complaining about excessive violence or excessively adult content, not to mention racism accusations that came later... but most caved, Hannah-Barbera being the worst offenders as far as dumbing down the content was concerned. They ruined so much great old MGM stuff with their homogenized "Scooby Doo/Laff A Lympics" cartoon formula it was sickening.