Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size of nappies should I get

Default What size of nappies should I get

So I was looking at Dorset Nursing as they seemed decently priced and sell Abri-forms but I don't know which size/rating I should get. My waist is about 85cm so I assume I should get a medium but they have super, extra and extra plus. Can someone a little more experienced point me in the right direction?

gamebaby

well i usaly mesure in inches and i would look for the one priced most. they USALY not allways have the best quality. But i would check for the brand online for the best on absorbancy. hope i help at all.

85 cm = 850 mm
    25mm~1 inch

25 = about 34 inches. medium i beilieve is 32-44 but idk, get the ones with 34 inches

yea, you want medium. there site mesures in cm

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by steelmole View Post
    So I was looking at Dorset Nursing as they seemed decently priced and sell Abri-forms but I don't know which size/rating I should get. My waist is about 85cm so I assume I should get a medium but they have super, extra and extra plus. Can someone a little more experienced point me in the right direction?
    "Extra", "Super" and "Extra Plus" are absorbency ratings. They have nothing to do with the size of the diaper but with how much pee it can absorb. So you can most likely buy any type of absorbency in any size, which makes for many combinations. So go for medium size, that's pretty much a given, and then choose the absorbency you like best. THe higher the absorbency, the less diapers you will find in a package, while you'll get more diapers per package with a lower absorbency for the same price.

However, I remember hearing that many UK online suppliers of diapers send out diapers in marked boxes, i.e. in the original boxes that clearly say what'S in it. So I'd suggest emailing that company first and asking what kind of box your diapers will arrive in!

Peachy

Glad you like em, Steel. I ordered some Molicares from Dorset and they definitely came in a Molicare box. There was some tape over the names, but you could read the name through it. Kind of bad, as my flatmates might have noticed. Blushing Buyer is more discreet, although they come wrapped in lots of black plastic, which is also potentially suspicious.

Mine came in a thick plastic bag, no clues apart from the return address.

At the moment I'm having some trouble hiding them. I did have them hidden in the loft (no one goes up there, you have to dangle precariously from a ladder to access it) but some boiler work may be going on so I thought I better move them. I can't find anywhere else to put them, and they're rather bulky...

I'd definitely recommend Save in Germany (SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus), especially if you can order bulk to keep shipping prices down. They ship to UK and I've found even with shipping it can be same or cheaper than UK prices (though apparently now in the UK you can get diapers under a certain quantity, VAT free without a medical declaration which would cut prices).

Huge stock and ship in plain boxes. AB/TB/DL aware it seems. They do samplers as well.

Oh, and...

Abri - holds loads, fall apart though and smells really bad if left wet too long. King of pee quantity though.

Tena Maxi - my second favourite. Holds loads and great fit. Reduces smell.

Harmony Power - was my favourite when they still did the normal version. Now it's hard to get anything but the 'AIR' version which is cloth backed. Save have some of the plastic ones left in 'Power' but only in small size now. They have the 'Super' (holds less) too though. However, even the AIR I'm coming to like now. They are quite like modern pampers really, just without the print and colours (unfortunately). The fit with Harmony is fantastic. Single huge velcro tapes that wrap around the waste and ensure a nice hugging fit. They are the most comfortable nappies I've ever worn. Don't hold as much as Abri and Tena though, but a fair amount.
    Last edited by Peachy; 10-Aug-2008 at 18:03. Reason: merging double post - please use "edit" button