Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with decisions?

Default Help with decisions?

By the Gods, I have enough freedom that I don't need to deal with horrific generics from Dollar General

So I'm like 90% positive both of my parents are working tomorrow, my sister moved out, and I have the freedom to go for ridiculously long walks with no need to say where. I'm within walking distance of a Walgreens so I'm going to go there for some diapers either tomorrow or Tuesday, but I need help with what I should get... I have 12 dollars, and my neighbor is paying me 20 for cutting his grass, so that's 32 dollars to spend. I want to get some good tape on adult diapers and maybe some stuffers from the kid's section. Can I have some suggestions? All are welcome

I would Get CVS fitted breifs- there are full blown diapers. They are EXactly the same as the cerainity from walgreens that people seen to like here. I personally think thats the best your going to do without going online.
    They are better then depends, i think, holding more, much easier to take on and off ( you can reseal the tapes, they are more velcro). I have found that with stuffers they hold a considerable amount.

For stuffers

Just anyone pampers cruisers size 7 or huggies size 6, or goodnites

Goodnites are my personal favorite, as stuffers and to wear. Alone they do not hold that much tho =\

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    I would Get CVS fitted breifs- there are full blown diapers. They are EXactly the same as the cerainity from walgreens that people seen to like here. I personally think thats the best your going to do without going online.
    They are better then depends, i think, holding more, much easier to take on and off ( you can reseal the tapes, they are more velcro). I have found that with stuffers they hold a considerable amount.

For stuffers

Just anyone pampers cruisers size 7 or huggies size 6, or goodnites

Goodnites are my personal favorite, as stuffers and to wear. Alone they do not hold that much tho =\
    Cool, sounds good thanks

Couldn't you also go for the Depends Boost for inserts? Not sure on value there though compared to co-opting baby diapers for the task.

I'd opt for the Depends since they are plastic backed. I'm not sure what your preferences are, but I hate cloth backed diapers.

Alright, I see. I think I'm going to go with Certainty because of the good things I've heard compared to Depends, but I'll do a bit more research... I didn't know Depend made inserts. Anybody know if they're any good? Or would using baby diapers be better?

True- the CVS are cloth backed but they do hold more and are much more comfortable. Not the mention they can be taken on and off as many times as you dont use- for depends once theyre on, theyre on. You have to use them because once you take off they wont go back on. The CVS can be put on, say parents come home or something comes up where you need to take off, then you can and use later, so its not a wasted diaper. I also think they are cheaper unless you print out a coupon from depends site.

For stuffers

Never herd of depends stuffers- but from what i know from using depends products in the past- They will be made to be a stuffer so they will be decent but they will still be made by depends and follow their normal product for quality soyou might be better off getting some disposable baby diaper.

Great! Thank you all! I do have a preference towards cloth, so I'll use the generic fitted Certainty. As for baby diapers as stuffers, I have 2 more questions: Does the size matter if it's just a stuffer? and which one is recommended for absorbancy?

I would say go for the certentity brand, and a pack of cruisers size 5. Size 5 and 6 and 7 are made to absorb bigger amounts then size 4 and below. So buy the five and you will get more stuffers in the pack. Or better yet see if you can find the pampers extra protection size 5. Those make some beastly stuffers.