Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found out something today, don't know how to take it

Default Found out something today, don't know how to take it

We have an older lady next door who lost her husband last year about this time. Her kids are all over the country so they don't get to visit her much. My wife has become a good friend to her, and I have been helping her with a few minor repairs around her house. I guess she comes over to visit my wife alot when I am at work.

Well today (Sat.), I was watching sports on tv in my favorite chair, with my wife sitting on the sofa folding some of my diapers that she had washed this morning (I use the "Purity" flat diapers that my wife folds just right for me). Well, in walks "Sally". My wife told me latter that Sally had called asking if she could come over for some sugar. When I saw her I panicked because of the diapers all over the sofa. My wife saw the look on my face and with a smile said "don't worry, it's alright". Sally is very friendly so she sat down for a chat right next to a stack of folded diapers. I almost died!!

Sally saw my look also and asked if anything is wrong? I couldn't get a word out, so my wife answered her. He's panicking because you are seeing his diapers. She just started laughing and said, "Oh that, I have known about your diapers for months now, it's no big deal. My husband used them for over a year before he died. I told (my wife) that I wish I had known there were good cloth diapers like these available for adults because we spent a lot of money on bad paper diapers that leaked alot".

Well I didn't know what to say or do while my wife and Sally talked about other things. Eventually Sally and my wife went to the kitchen to get the sugar, and then she left. When my wife came back, I asked how she found out and why didn't you tell me she knew? Here I have been around her for months and she knew about me wearing diapers? My wife said "it is ok, don't get upset, as she said, she is ok with it. She came over just like today one time, and saw diapers on the sofa. I just told her that you need them for nighttime, and then she told about her husband, and everything has been alright. I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would upset you and you would be embarrassed to be around her because of it. And you help her alot. To her it is just normal. So don't act any different because of it. OK?"

Well what do I do now? How can I act normal around Sally with me knowing that she knows? I don't know if I can. How would you (Adisc) act if this happened to you?

Well she doesn't seem to care, so I'd probably pretend it never happened. If her husband has passed, she won't have any questions about where you got them.

You're thinking way too much about this. Just let times settle the waves of discomfort.

Yeah really its truly nothing to worry about or be embarrassed about, after all shes known for quite some time at any rate so nothings changed at all other than you yourself now knowing shes aware of it. Besides all that; shes an adult and obviously is going to be mature and most likely indifferent to something she thinks is a legitimate medical condition. Whether it is or not only you and your wife know.

Bobbie

I agree, she accepts you, what more could you ask for! Just be happy and don't overanalyze it, it'll just make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Well she doesn't seem to care, so I'd probably pretend it never happened. If her husband has passed, she won't have any questions about where you got them.

You're thinking way too much about this. Just let times settle the waves of discomfort.
    Hey Zephie. This is the same guy that posted a thread quite some time ago about attending a big family get together. In the course of the day, he went into the bathroom after his grandson had been there, and found a wet diaper that would have been used by the baby sister. Suddenly he was alarmed that his grandson might be a diaper lover. The drama went on and on, him not knowing if he should tell his daughter, the boy's mother. The Deekerish ending was yet to come. The father was a truck driver out on the road and would be back in a week. The plot continued with the mother accepting and she was going to supply her son with diapers. The story got that far, until I questioned the validity, and asked, when the dad got home, was he going to have a fit? Suddenly the story ended.

My belief is that this is just another story that belongs on Dailydiapers. I could be wrong of course. Check out the past threads and make your own conclusions. But I read these stories on Dailydiapers, and it has that sort of ring. Quite frankly, I'm a better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hey Zephie. This is the same guy that posted a thread quite some time ago about attending a big family get together. In the course of the day, he went into the bathroom after his grandson had been there, and found a wet diaper that would have been used by the baby sister. Suddenly he was alarmed that his grandson might be a diaper lover. The drama went on and on, him not knowing if he should tell his daughter, the boy's mother. The Deekerish ending was yet to come. The father was a truck driver out on the road and would be back in a week. The plot continued with the mother accepting and she was going to supply her son with diapers. The story got that far, until I questioned the validity, and asked, when the dad got home, was he going to have a fit? Suddenly the story ended.

My belief is that this is just another story that belongs on Dailydiapers. I could be wrong of course. Check out the past threads and make your own conclusions. But I read these stories on Dailydiapers, and it has that sort of ring. Quite frankly, I'm a better writer.
    I know. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

And why do you put an -ie at the end of my name? It's weird. Most people opt for a -y. Unless you're just skipping the -l at the end, which is sort of troubling. Maybe you need (better?) glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Quite frankly, I'm a better writer.
    So get published already!
    (No, seriously... We're waiting for that story you told me...)

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    So get published already!
    (No, seriously... We're waiting for that story you told me...)
    Oh man....it's a long way off. They changed my schedule at work a year ago, taking away all my free time. I did publish my short story "Werewolf" to Nookbooks, and it actually gets bought, buried among the million titles. I sell about one a day..haha. I charged 99 cents, like an MP3 download. The title is also a search word, so you can find it on the first page if you put in the search word werewolf. Sadly, the first Harry Potter book has sold more than 88 million copies, so I think I have a long ways to go!

Anyway, I put the short story to Nook, wanting to establish myself as a professional writer, so when the time comes and the novel is completed, I can look for an agent and perhaps seem more professional.

I didn't exactly mean to bust on Grandpa, as I was tired last night, but I honestly thought he had been given a hiatus from the site after the story I mentioned. There is a place for creative writing on this site, and why not use it if that's the interest area. Anyway, my novel is coming, but oh so slowly. I now have my group of kids going to the old abandoned lighthouse. I know....sounds like a Hardy Boys adventure. Things will happen however, that they never had to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Sally saw my look also and asked if anything is wrong? I couldn't get a word out, so my wife answered her. He's panicking because you are seeing his diapers. She just started laughing and said, "Oh that, I have known about your diapers for months now, it's no big deal. My husband used them for over a year before he died. I told (my wife) that I wish I had known there were good cloth diapers like these available for adults because we spent a lot of money on bad paper diapers that leaked alot".

Well I didn't know what to say or do while my wife and Sally talked about other things. Eventually Sally and my wife went to the kitchen to get the sugar, and then she left. When my wife came back, I asked how she found out and why didn't you tell me she knew? Here I have been around her for months and she knew about me wearing diapers? My wife said "it is ok, don't get upset, as she said, she is ok with it. She came over just like today one time, and saw diapers on the sofa. I just told her that you need them for nighttime, and then she told about her husband, and everything has been alright. I didn't want to tell you because I knew it would upset you and you would be embarrassed to be around her because of it. And you help her alot. To her it is just normal. So don't act any different because of it. OK?"

Well what do I do now? How can I act normal around Sally with me knowing that she knows? I don't know if I can. How would you (Adisc) act if this happened to you?
    Does everyone in your life talk to you like you're a child, without abbreviating words, or any slang or colloqualism, or just these two women?

Obviously the only option available to you is to Leonidas-kick both your wife and neighbor out your window.

A top story window if your house has more than one level of course.