Thread: In-store purchases

Default In-store purchases

You guys might remember that I have posted about these before, but I thought I would start some sort of mini thread on my most recent diaper runs.

I have a lot of drug stores nearby so I kinda rotate going to them. A while ago I bought 2 packs of Goodnites at one store with a 20-something guy ringing me up as he was laughing at another cashier and was pretty nice. More recently, I went to another drugstore, but decided it was to busy to buy what I wanted and went back to the other one. Weirdly, it was the same guy who was working there in the middle of the afternoon and I went back to the adult diaper section. I spent a little time eyeing the slim pickings before I settled on Depend Maximum. I walked up to the front and he was on the outside of the register looking at a magazine and I got his attention. He didn't say anything except the total and all that, and I said thanks and left. I have since decided that I am too young to buy adult diapers in stores without making it real awkward and decided to go for Goodnites again.

The store that I previously thought was too busy is the one I went to today. I didn't think it was gonna be a big deal, but it was pretty busy, so I kind of made a roundabout circle to the diaper section and slightly hesitated until I just picked them up and walked to the front. A few people were in front of me at a middle aged woman's register and they were really old. I finally got up to the counter and put the Goodnites up and the cashier was all "diapers are so expensive these days" and I agree, cuz Goodnites were 4 dollars more at this store compared to the other, however, I thought it was weird how she called them diapers. She must have thought I was about ten years older than I am cuz she thought I had a kid old enough to wear the XL Goodnites and was pretty chatty about it. Finally, I was just like 'Whatever, let me out of here' and said thanks and left. I hate it when cashiers are so chatty. I don't like awkward silence, but she was talking SO MUCH!

Anyway, I don't know if anyone cares about this, but I thought I would post it.

Sounds like...Fun? I think talking is better than an awkward silence, unless the conversation is like "Are these for you?"

It looks like you pulled it off so that's what counts. I suppose for us going on diaper hunts must be like hunts for deer hunters. First you find the good places to hunt. Then you spot the pray. You close in, looking right and left, making sure there aren't any grizzly bears or mountain lions. Then you strike.....bam!!! The adrenaline is spiking as your prey flies off its feet and into your shopping cart. But now you have to get past the game warden because you are either:

1. hunting out of season
    2. are under age (and too young for adult diapers)
    3. are over age (too old to be using Pampers 7 or Goodnites)
    4. don't have a license

But you have circumvented all of these obstacles, and now are proudly returning home with your trophy. Well done hunter.

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It looks like you pulled it off so that's what counts. I suppose for us going on diaper hunts must be like hunts for deer hunters. First you find the good places to hunt. Then you spot the pray. You close in, looking right and left, making sure there aren't any grizzly bears or mountain lions. Then you strike.....bam!!! The adrenaline is spiking as your prey flies off its feet and into your shopping cart. But now you have to get past the game warden because you are either:

1. hunting out of season
    2. are under age (and too young for adult diapers)
    3. are over age (too old to be using Pampers 7 or Goodnites)
    4. don't have a license

But you have circumvented all of these obstacles, and now are proudly returning home with your trophy. Well done hunter.
    That was a rather good analogy, Dogboy. All the times I have bought diapers, nothing was ever said. The cashiers just rang up my items and I piad and left.

Thats where I'm lucky I guess? I look old enough to wear diapers, and most of the time when I buying them I do have one on.

But even when I buy goodnights no one says anything, because I'm small enough to wear them.

The last time I bought sleepers at target the lady at the counter said Hey these are nice do you fit in them, and I said, shure do...and she rang up 6 sleepers, sometimes it's nice to be small.

I found out another reason why buying in store > out of store, we got an email from the place I bought before, and my mom saw it, it was a month old email, but still. She already knows and hates it so I was pissed that it was there. I wish the stuff in store wasn't total crap.

Off topic from OP, on topic with thread title.

There is kind of a thrill buying in store, as I mentioned in another thread. I feel it builde selfconfinence.

Congrats on your recent purchase wazme!

Nam