Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Afraid of the Wind?

Default Anyone Else Afraid of the Wind?

Ever since I was little, I have always been afraid of the wind. It makes scary noise around my house. I used to always dread going to sleep at night when it was windy, because it was pretty scary. I don't mind it as much anymore, but I just thought this may be an interesting topic.

I used to be scared of wind, too. When I was a kid I had a tall plant that grew outside my window and it would bang and scratch. It used to scare the crap out of me at night.

Now I only dislike it when it's really strong during a storm. It bangs the shingles on the roof and it sounds like the house has sprouted wings and is flapping to take off!

Generally no, but every now and then, when you can almost feel the whole house shift and sway, TOTALLY! O_o

I love the sound of the wind as it gusts by, I think it sounds awesome. Although I understand your situation because I have and am experiencing it first hand. Phobias suck. I'm arachnophobic. Frightened to death of those 8 legged little shites.

Not going to lie I get vary nervous/scared when it gets really windy. When I was little a tree fell threw our house during a bad storm and I've gotten nervous every time since then.

I used to be very afraid of things like this as a kid, now I'm glad I'm not. Although, if I found myself alone, with no sound but the wind blowing through the trees, I might get little nervous. I haven't been in a situation like that recently so I don't really know.

Edit: Woot, one thousand posts!
    Last edited by LittleFlint; 07-Apr-2011 at 22:23. Reason: Joined the 1000 post club...

Wind doesn't bug me, outside of when it is cold (or having to walk in it). Thunder/lightning combos is my issue, when you can see the lightning bolt and hear the thunder right after, it usually freaks me out :/

Yeah, sometimes wind scares me a lot. I've been in two tornados that touched down within a block of where I was and four other tornados that touched down within 1/2 mile of whare I was. I am not fond of storms with a lot of wind in them. Just wind by itself is more of a nuisance and I am not scared of that

I once found myself under the center of a funnel cloud. Scarex the begeevers out of me. I ran into the nearest store and headed for the sturdiest looking racks I could find.

I have seen 10 tornadoes in my lifetime, but the wind itself doesn't bother me.