Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

Hi all i realy like this girl i work with , i asked her out to the pictures like 5 weeks ago and she said yeah maybe but we still havent gone out what do i do i dont want to seem as im bugging her thats why i have left it so far she does speak to me everytime im at work thou but she has never said anything about going out , what do i do do i just leave it and move on ??

Have you tried to set a date to go to the pictures with her, to no avail?

If you have tried several times to arrange a date with this girl, and every time she has found an excuse or reason not to go then perhaps she is not interested. In that case I would just say something to show that you are still interested, but leaving the decision with her. So for example, just remind her that you're still up for going to the cinema sometime if she is. Tell her that you're free most evenings, so if she wants to pick a film then she should let you know.

On the other hand, if neither of you has tried to arrange it, then one of you is going to have to make the first move. She may not have said anything because she is waiting for you to bring it up again, or she may think you've lost interest and changed your mind. Arranging any sort of shared day out will take planning - you need to decide on a day, a time, a venue, a film. That means one of you has to make the first move and bring it up. If she has never said anything about going out, that might be because she is waiting for you to make the first move. If you have tried bringing it up, and she seems interested, but you don't seem to get past agreeing you should go sometime then I would suggest being less vague.

Look up which films are on locally, where they are showing and what time and days etc. Choose a film you think she might like to see, and then say something like, "Oh, [insert film name] is showing at the cinema on [insert day]. Do you fancy coming to see it?" That way you have not just been vague about maybe catching a movie, but have given her a chance to say yes, or to say that she'd love to, but she's busy and so can you do [another day] instead etc. If you are more specific then it will hopefully be easier to gauge whether she is genuinely interested in going to the pictures.

I agree that you don't want to go overboard when it comes to trying to arrange this. If you try and suggest a date/film on two or three occasions and she doesn't seem interested or keeps having silly excuses then I would say perhaps you do need to just leave it and move on, and leave it as her decision. But make sure you have at least tried to be decisive about it and get the ball rolling before you just leave it - she is very possibly just expecting you to make the first move and arrange the trip.

Good luck with her