Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Functional Bottle?

Default Best Functional Bottle?

Just wondering if there's a good bottle out there for usability. I'd like to actually be able to use it to help fall asleep, and I'd prefer it not to leak as waking up my head in a puddle doesn't seem particularly pleasant. Since I intend to use it I don't really want it to be difficult to get liquid out (though I realize easier flow more than likely means increased chances of leaking so I'm willing to make the tradeoff). If you could help me out I'd appreciate it. Oh and patterns etc aren't quite as important but if I can get a cute one, even better. Thanks in advance

I just switched from the Advent bottles to the Playtex drop-ins. I did not like the venting the other bottles did when air went inside. You will also need to find the fast flow nipples for the Playtex bottle as well but I think they are great.

I would look into the NUK 5 Bottle Nipple from Fetware:

http://www.fetware.com/Adult_Diaper_Pins.htm

You should be able to fit it to any bottle of your choice and it should be very comfortable.

I have tried the NUK5 nipples and never found them very satisfying, their pacifiers are great but I have never liked their bottle nipples... My opinion of course.

Bobbie

http://www.adisc.org/forum/teenbaby/...e-reviews.html

This should help. Also try looking on YouTube or google for good bottle reviews, and search the name of the one you're thinking of buying into google then complaints. If you see alot of the same problem, it may not be a good one.

Personally I've only tried the cheap Gerber ones, which are fine, but have lots of vacuum effect, so they're a bit tough to drink out of. Can't beat 3$ though!

Just my ... (or maybe more than that, lol)

1. If you expect you'll fall asleep while drinking out of it, I would recommend a sippy cup with a soft silicone nipple, as it won't leak if it falls outside of your mouth.

2. Most bottles tend to come in either the slow flow or medium flow. Therefore, you'll have to purchase the fast flow nipples separately.

3. Bottles, for whatever reason, don't seem to have designs on them often. The one exception that I've seen is NUK bottles. Sippy cups, on the other hand, almost always have a design on them.

i really love the playtex dropins the old style not the new style. I also like the slow flow nipples because it takes longer to finish the bottle and you can enjoy it longer

nimimerkki702

There is another thread about training cupa, which apparently are sippicups with a bottle-like nipple. It was said that it doesn't leak, and is so suitable for falling asleep with it.

Either than that, the only thing I can say, is that you should just try different models and products to find which one you prefer, since everyone has a different preference on these kind of subjects.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    3. Bottles, for whatever reason, don't seem to have designs on them often. The one exception that I've seen is NUK bottles. Sippy cups, on the other hand, almost always have a design on them.
    Really? :s I've had an entirely different experience; my bottles all have designs on (one is a 'parent's choice', one is a generic store, one is from Tesco's), and they're all cute, but my sippy is just plain yellow, and most I've seen have been solid colours.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliePup View Post
    Really? :s I've had an entirely different experience; my bottles all have designs on (one is a 'parent's choice', one is a generic store, one is from Tesco's), and they're all cute, but my sippy is just plain yellow, and most I've seen have been solid colours.
    hm, perhaps it's a US thing to not have designs? I dunno, I usually can't find any bottles with designs. (As an aside, I really should've worded it so it clearly stated that is my experience, and not necessarily a hard fact...whoops. )