Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking a stand against bullying

Default Taking a stand against bullying

I found a video and i thought it was simple yet powerful. Not only just for homophobia (in this case) but in any situation. Most of us feel different due to being a baby or just a dl. Any bullying can be terrible especially to all my friends still in high school where it can be the worst. You have friends everywhere even when you feel left out, and if you see some one down dont be afraid to lend a hand.

Anyways I found this Video and felt like i should share

wind2

bully's are so bad, but its difficult for me to do that(what the boy does in the vid) because im a pacifist .

but if its for defend someone that can't defend, i try to intercept the hit or make it to just go away(the bully i mean)with words that i know can understand like "what you gain with this ? ... nothing right ? then why you wanna do it ? ... just leave him(or her) alone ok no one like this and no one gain anything than injury's and sadness."

n_n

I personally find this whole stand against bullying as a crutch, something fake that most don't really take to heart. If they really do why has it taken this long to do something about it, also this seems to be popping up more since a small handful of homosexual people took their own lives. I get why they did it and I hate they felt they needed to do it for whatever reason.

This is how I see this movement which seems small to go down.

"Stop bullying!!!"
    "Okay... How?"
    "Well... umm. Damn."

If their we’re no bullies I’d never have gone to the therapist office. therapist of course would never have exited because the therapist was a bully, so forth.
    I think you get my reasoning aah… what about adult bullies?
    Last edited by tigerofbeestein; 07-Apr-2011 at 04:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post

"Stop bullying!!!"
    "Okay... How?"
    "Well... umm. Damn."
    Wow i have never in my life seen this happen...If i told some to stop and they respond with Okay but how...Then i think there is tad bit different problem.

There are many ways to stop bullying. Bullies often pick on some one who can be manipulated into feeling small and different. By pointing out and making fun of the fact that someone is ie. gay and thats not normal and its a problem then they can be made to feel like an outcast and very small in this world. Which in the bullies eyes he/she "the bully" now feels very big. To stop a bully (with out violence is the key) is to stand by the kid who is getting picked on. By there being two or more targets the bully will start to feel small. Also by getting a superior to intercept the bully. Yes you may look bad for ratting someone out but you can usually do this very inconspicuous.

I have many and i will many more times put my self in front of other to deflect bullying. I see my self as a friend to everyone and even strangers. Im sorry if you thinks its a crutch or if its a fad or what ever. I think its fellow humans duty to help others no matter what. If some one just wishes to stand there and feel bad for the victim and go about their day then im sorry they are no better than the bully.

Well said DT90! Deflection with words or non-violent action is the key.

The problem with the bully is that he/she is also suffering from their own form of mental problems. It's thought that bullies are bullied, or abused at home. Once the cycle of violence is part of the bully's life, it's hard to stop. My other observation is that in the school setting, there seemed to be a grand pecking order. I know that I was bullied as a young child, and as I became older, there were those that I bullied, at least to some extent, in return. Part of it is dominance, as dominance is inborn in all of us. It's our animal nature to survive, find a mate, propagate. What separates us from the lower animals is at the very least, our brains and our ability to reason. We may be the only animal species that can understand the golden rule, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. To inflict pain begets pain.

I had Praise Band practice last night, and one of our singers has a grand daughter who just lost her best friend to suicide. She's going through a very rough time, has a shrink, etc. Bullying is real, and the effects can be devastating. Yes, as a society, we must do a better job raising our kids to be more loving and accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by DT90 View Post
    Wow i have never in my life seen this happen...If i told some to stop and they respond with Okay but how...Then i think there is tad bit different problem.

There are many ways to stop bullying. Bullies often pick on some one who can be manipulated into feeling small and different. By pointing out and making fun of the fact that someone is ie. gay and thats not normal and its a problem then they can be made to feel like an outcast and very small in this world. Which in the bullies eyes he/she "the bully" now feels very big. To stop a bully (with out violence is the key) is to stand by the kid who is getting picked on. By there being two or more targets the bully will start to feel small. Also by getting a superior to intercept the bully. Yes you may look bad for ratting someone out but you can usually do this very inconspicuous.

I have many and i will many more times put my self in front of other to deflect bullying. I see my self as a friend to everyone and even strangers. Im sorry if you thinks its a crutch or if its a fad or what ever. I think its fellow humans duty to help others no matter what. If some one just wishes to stand there and feel bad for the victim and go about their day then im sorry they are no better than the bully.
    The thing about that is you physically have to be there to stop it. This only stops bullying for once quick instance not solves bullying which is what should be done. What happens the next day, the week after, month after your gone? The person might stand to get bully even more since the bully/bullies didn't get to do it last time.

I am not saying people shouldn't stand up to bullying however, they should. But how and when to do so varies extremely depending on the situation.

I have been bullied, yet the school I go to says that it is a no bullying zone, they do absolutely NOTHING to stop it. All I do is ignore them, or if they want to fight me, I go along, not to many people at my school know that I am a black belt, and I have had to use that in the past, most namly sme kid just kept being a dick to everyone, so everyone made fun of him (Even I did, though he brought it onto himself.) After a comment I made he runs after me and puts me in a headlock. Lets just say that no one that saw that messes with me anymore, as I nearly broke his arm.

Valence

I've been beaten up, verbally abused, assaulted/strangled, had ice sheets slammed on my head, pushed down stairs, kicked in the chest, and so much more... Bullies just seem to never stop. The only real way to make them at least lessen is to not let yourself become too big of a target. :/