Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Wrestlemania 27

  1. #1

    Default Wrestlemania 27

    Don't really watch WWE much anymore, or any wrestling outisde of some indy stuff, but always check otu Wrestlemania. Missed the first bit of the show last night, but I caught the last couple matches. Mostly just impressed that Snooki could do cheer leader moves and confused about the ending of the maine event, which was really contrived and didn't feel "big time" at all. So the guy that's been acting for seven years can take out your champion and top star? How am I supposed to trick myself into believing this is real? How does anybody look good here?

    But it's all cool, cause JR came back, there were stunners ahoy and HHH and Undertaker had a really solid match.

    Anybody else watch the show?

  2. #2

    Default

    Yeah I watched it. It was awesome!!

  3. #3

    Default

    I tried watching it, my aunt ordered it and I was like ah what the hell. I haven't watched wrestling in a long time. I would watch it religiously back in the day when I was between 10 and 17 but, im sure you know why I stopped watching it. The bad story lines the even worse matches, I couldn't stand it anymore. So I gave it up. Now after I gave it up, I had a few short returns when say Jeff Hardy or someone I used to watch all the time make a comeback, Y2J, triple H, The Rock, but I always felt robbed after investing my time into the WWE and they waste it by giving me crap that really isn't appealing. Unless you watch The Jersey Shore, and what not.

    But as for Wrestlemania, I couldn't watch anymore after I think it was they ray mysterio match, I couldn't handle watching That leprechaun gimmick, from that same skit the great kali is a face now? I could NOT stand the whole Cole/King thing. the commentating from them seemed like it was all to hype up their match and IT WAS SO ANNOYING! I did like the fact that E&C were back together (well at least it looked like they were but it wasn't a tag match). It was a bummer for me because I would not mind at all watching more wrestling, it just has to be the right story lines and better matches. and I feel like if they focused more on the matches instead of the story lines, the stories and the acting would improve. At least that to me was the reason the acting started sucking much more than it did in say 2001, yeah it was still not good but nothing like now. I feel like the matches came second to the plot lines and so they focus less on the match and more on the acting and it's way way way way to over done in my opinion.

    I watched the replay of the latest TNA Impact and I was somewhat pleasantly surprised kinda, besides the whole Winter/Angelina Love thing. I don't like the fact that its basically a reused thing that is the NWO -renamed IMMORTAL, but TNA seems to be more focused on the matches for the most part. and I kinda got the chills that you get when your excited when I saw RVD back. And Matt Hardy on the show. I feel like some of the gimmicks need toned down some like Bully Ray. but I think the Mr. Anderson/Sting/RVD feud was really entertaining during the show. And I will probably watch it next week just to see how it will follow up, if im gonna be let down, if the Hardy's are in a match. It seems promising, not something I would buy a ppv to but maybe someday. I watched segments of it When Jeff Hardy was the champ and THANK GOD they got rid of that purple belt. Why can't people just be happy with championships and leave them be, I mean I know that its all just a story but come on it seems like it takes some of the glory of winning a title away if they were to hand me a god awful purple belt. And purple is one of my favorite colors, Im just so happy it did't stick like that gosh darned belt the made when John Cena one the title way back when. I want to destroy that thing.


    Here is to hoping that pro wrestling becomes as glorious as it was when we were 10. *cheers*

  4. #4

    Default

    Biggest waste of $65. 4 hours of pure nothingness (except Triple H and Undertaker. Once again, those two carried the show). They REALLY need to turn things around. I know that they want to be all PG for the family values, but if I'm not mistaken, their better matches, stories, and ratings came when they were rated TV-14. Just one of those things to look at.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Biggest waste of $65. 4 hours of pure nothingness (except Triple H and Undertaker. Once again, those two carried the show). They REALLY need to turn things around. I know that they want to be all PG for the family values, but if I'm not mistaken, their better matches, stories, and ratings came when they were rated TV-14. Just one of those things to look at.
    When did they change their rating? I never new it changed. That would make so much sense, does TNA have the same rating? ...Gah I remember the good old days when Smackdown was just as important as Raw, and it was just as good as Raw too... I miss those days.

  6. #6

    Default

    I stopped watching WWE a long time ago. I watch Wrestle Mania yearly though. The only fighting I like watching is UFC! Who wouldn't want to see a guy get knocked out!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye2 View Post
    I stopped watching WWE a long time ago. I watch Wrestle Mania yearly though. The only fighting I like watching is UFC! Who wouldn't want to see a guy get knocked out!
    I basically converted to MMA too, but when pro wrestling is good its great, but I don't need to tell you that. anyone who watched wrestling back in the day knows how great it can be.

  8. #8

    Default

    The WWE is PG now!? Wow. I remember watching The Attitude Era where a person could tune in and see Sable (Rena Mero) walk out completely naked [except for body paint] in front of thousands of people, The Rock throwing Stone Cold over a bridge into the Mississippi River, Mr. McMahon getting plastered in the head with a bedpan in the hospital, Mankind flying off the top of Hell In A Cell and literally breaking in half on the announcer's table, people catching on fire in Inferno Matches, Jonathon Coachmen shoving microphones up cows' rectums, The Hardy Boyz in the very dangerous Tables-Ladders-Chairs matches, The Rock's incredible mic skills, and Stone Cold just about to shoot Vince McMahon point blank with a handgun and McMahon peeing himself on live TV.

    There was so much uncensored swearing, violence, athleticism, debauchery, and sex appeal that was dangerously addicting back then. And it made great television to watch.

    Unfortunately, the WWE is now a shadow of itself compared to a little over a decade ago in its prime.

    The Rock Makes Fun of The Coach

    Hell In A Cell - King of the Ring 1998 Highlights

    Stone Cold Attacks Vince in Hospital

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bomb851 View Post
    The WWE is PG now!? Wow. I remember watching The Attitude Era where a person could tune in and see Sable (Rena Mero) walk out completely naked [except for body paint] in front of thousands of people, The Rock throwing Stone Cold over a bridge into the Mississippi River, Mr. McMahon getting plastered in the head with a bedpan in the hospital, Mankind flying off the top of Hell In A Cell and literally breaking in half on the announcer's table, people catching on fire in Inferno Matches, Jonathon Coachmen shoving microphones up cows' rectums, The Hardy Boyz in the very dangerous Tables-Ladders-Chairs matches, The Rock's incredible mic skills, and Stone Cold just about to shoot Vince McMahon point blank with a handgun and McMahon peeing himself on live TV.

    There was so much uncensored swearing, violence, athleticism, debauchery, and sex appeal that was dangerously addicting back then. And it made great television to watch.

    Unfortunately, the WWE is now a shadow of itself compared to a little over a decade ago in its prime.

    The Rock Makes Fun of The Coach

    Hell In A Cell - King of the Ring 1998 Highlights

    Stone Cold Attacks Vince in Hospital
    I wish I had started watching it around 98 so I could have seen all that great stuff when it happened and not just recordings
    This I think is my favorite match that wasn't on a ppv

    Im not gonna post all the parts but im sure if anyone wants to watch the rest of it they can find it easily

  10. #10

    Default

    You also forgot one match- Undertaker vs Mick Foley aka Mankind, King of the Ring 1998 PPV from Pittsburgh where Undertaker tossed Mick Foley from the top of the Hell in a Cell to the announcer's table.

    I saw the show. I had to shoot down to another city to watch the show with my best friend as no bar or restaurant in my city shows the shows anymore. Plus I also didn't know if any of my friends had the show or not. I saw the show. Having been to a WrestleMania, those shows are always AWESOME. I went to WrestleMania 23 and that's an experience I'll never forget. All night long, I was like- 'I'm here... I'm at WRESTLEMANIA!!!!!! I'm not at the Ratt watching it- I'M THERE!' I thought it was a dream for a bit. lol

    I thought Undertaker/HHH stole the show- Cena/Miz with The Rock was good, Austin as the guest referee was good as I am a HUGE Stone Cold fan. I have all of Stone Cold's DVD sets. I hated the Cole/Lawler bit, as I hate Michael Cole with a passion at the moment. I always was a Jim Ross fan. I was at Saturday Night's Main Event in 2006, when Ross came back after having to leave for health reasons and he had one HELL of an ovation when he came out at Cobo Arena that night. It was the BIGGEST pop of the night.

    WildThing121675

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-Apr-2010, 16:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.