Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could I be incontinent?

moon728

Default Could I be incontinent?

I normally do not have full blown "accidents," but whenever I do not have the ability to make it to the bathroom within 10 minutes of needing to go because I need to urinate so frequently, I usually end up wet, not a lot- just an amount barely if at all noticeable unless you take off my pants. I normally have leaking like 2-5 times a week, other than after I just went and a small amount just comes out. However, I rarely (like less than every other month) wet the bed more than an enough to be absorbed by clothing , no spots on the sheets... Maybe it's my sleeping position, but no one notices. Is this incontinence, just bladder weakness, or oversensitivity to leaking? I have become good at hiding it, so I am rarely questioned about it by my parents.

wind2

Quote Originally Posted by moon728 View Post
    I normally do not have full blown "accidents," but whenever I do not have the ability to make it to the bathroom within 10 minutes of needing to go because I need to urinate so frequently, I usually end up wet, not a lot- just an amount barely if at all noticeable unless you take off my pants. I normally have leaking like 2-5 times a week, other than after I just went and a small amount just comes out. However, I rarely (like less than every other month) wet the bed more than an enough to be absorbed by clothing , no spots on the sheets... Maybe it's my sleeping position, but no one notices. Is this incontinence, just bladder weakness, or oversensitivity to leaking? I have become good at hiding it, so I am rarely questioned about it by my parents.
    maybe its just stress or a lot of water before sleep.

n_n

moon728

---------- Post added at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by wind2 View Post
    maybe its just stress or a lot of water before sleep.

n_n
    This has been going on for two long for this to be stress. I have been limiting my fluid intake lately, mostly unintentionally, but that only has only helped night, which isn't a concern for me anyway.

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Can anyone else help me out?

It sounds like there is definitely something going on with urine leakage, and that's not normal. Maybe you ought to speak to your parents about it and see if they will have a doctor check you over. Maybe the doctor won't find anything seriously wrong, but it's worth getting checked out.

turtlepins

Overactive bladders are a common problem, and becoming more so. I don't think it's stress, as much as something going on. However, having said that, if you see a doctor I can tell you what to expect. A. He will refer you to the most vicious and bizarre people in the medical community called "urologists." DO NOT TRUST ANY OF THEM! B. The medical community will not be able to help you overcome this. And C. By the time you figure all this out you'll understand why they call it the "medical practice". However, having gone through all of that you will at least be at peace with having to wear diapers, or self catheterizing, or whatever you choose. I vote for diapers!

While turtlepins does make a good point from many overall urologist experiences, it does sound like you could have something wrong just from what you said. First off, go see a urologist anyway. There are god ones and quacks just like everywhere else.

Overactive bladder/Urge IC, nocturnal enuresis is pretty much what you described but need to get it checked out anyway. One thing that most ppl don't understand is that incontinence is a symptom of another problem. It could be as simple as BPH where a little medication or even a TURP could fix it - to being something very bad you would wish later you got checked out early.

If you think that something is wrong with you, you should go to see the doctor...
    It's the best option

I have to agree with caffelatte. You should seek a doctor's advice. If the problem isn't bothering you then I'd say on your next regular check up just mention it, but if it's something that really is bothering you make an appointment to go in sooner. Good luck!

I agree too Parker! Absolutely great advice! *I can't believe no one else suggested that already!*

Being incontinent is about any time you cannot control your bladder or bowles. As you might expect, the causes are numerous to say the least. Weight gain, disease progression, medications, and secondary loss of control resulting from physical trauma can and do bring about incontenence in some people.