Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi, all. I'm an engineer and a software developer.

I've had our common interest most of my life, and I think I'm learning to accept it and to balance things so that I can enjoy these things that give me comfort while still managing to live my life and maybe pursue some loftier long-term goals. That's the plan, anyway.

Anyway, I also enjoy computer games (though I'm not playing WoW anymore, at least for now, because it was starting to interfere a bit much with life), reading (nonfiction stuff about philosophy and science, fiction (high quality "literature" sometimes, more often pulp-fiction fantasy/sci-fi romances), and watching movies and old tv (netflix) with my friends. Oh, and I also practice kung-fu.

Well, I decided to join because the internet and all the random message boards have been a great help to me over the years. I've actually been lurking here for quite a while, and I appreciate all thoughtful people who post on the boards. There have even been a few times I've wanted to contribute, but I've never quite been motivated to go through with registering and all this social-type introduction stuff. Anyway, here I am, at last.

Glad to hear that you've escaped the clutches of the evil WoW! I've had a few friends fall down that rabbit hole, and it never worked out well.

hi there welcome i am prety new thought my self here