Thread: bowel pressure and leakage?

Default bowel pressure and leakage?

I have been in the habit for years to have a BM in the morning. Granted, when I was high school it was in the afternoon mostly. I'm thinking the inflated intestines puts pressure on the bladder area (I get up three times at night). So, I don't get the greatest amount of sleep or that core sleep that we all seem to need. When I do get up, I find it tough to urinate as my muscles have been holding for it a while. I found that if I sit in the living room and rock forward and back with my muscles I'm able to finish urinating. I used to do situps like 20 per day for maybe a year many years ago, but never got a washboard stomach.

Last year I finally got a physical and my sugar level was 103. I took it upon myself to monitor blood sugar. I really haven't had much success other than going from 225 pounds to 180 over three years or so (I'm 6' tall) by cutting out starchy foods and eating less in general. I tested recently once just before I ate at 5pm where it was at 67. I mentioned to my doctor that sometimes when I squat, I lose control, but only a drip or two. For quite a while I used to drip when I was drying off the shower walls. That has become much better and doesn't occur anymore. I did have about a month or so where I would go to sit in the car or move around and felt a drip or two come out in the morning.

I was trying to figure out if it'd be possible to reset my BM schedule. Also, though of maybe having larger meals at noon instead of at 5 p.m. Any other hints?

turtlepins

You should have at least three BMs every day! If you're not, you need to add fiber to your diet and start working on that. I'm 59 and if I eat, I have a BM shortly thereafter. I'm told this is very healthy. Talk to your doctor! Find out how to work fiber into your diet and I think the pressure will lessen. But don't take my word for that because I'm not a doctor. Hang in there. Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlepins View Post
    You should have at least three BMs every day! If you're not, you need to add fiber to your diet and start working on that.
    I wouldn't say that. There's nothing unhealthy with just once a day.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlepins View Post
    You should have at least three BMs every day! If you're not, you need to add fiber to your diet and start working on that. I'm 59 and if I eat, I have a BM shortly thereafter. I'm told this is very healthy. Talk to your doctor! Find out how to work fiber into your diet and I think the pressure will lessen. But don't take my word for that because I'm not a doctor. Hang in there. Please keep us posted.
    I have 3 BM's a day, but most people do not. Along with my bladder, I also have an overactive colon (IBS) and sometimes I may go six times a day. Typically, if you eat well and stay on a schedule, your body will fall into a pattern. Some people are regular going once a day, others more and still others less. While Americans usually need more fiber, I think it's just as important to eat well and stay on a schedule that fits you. This also means eat only when you are hungry and go when you have to go.