Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 18's on this site

Default Over 18's on this site

Any of you that are members of other sites like this one, can you either tell me what the general opinon of other AB/DL's of the big 3 Secures Abri's and Bambinos vs Dry 24/7. Darkfinn said they are great, I am inclined to believe him, but I just wondered if you guys know, or could create a poll, so we have a wider knowledge base.

daria7483

I haven't tried all those, but I'm wondering why you only want over 18's responding. Although we're probably more likely to have tried them than teens here, I would guess there are some who can give you a good response.

I'm way past my teens, and the only diapers you have there I have used were the secures, If I wanted to spend alot of money on diapers, and I can if I wanted to, I would buy secure X+'s.

I have used up about a case of secures so far, but I can't see spending that much for a diaper, if I had an incontenence problem I would use them, but I would rather use a cheap diaper and pay 50 cents each like I'm doing now, than to spend almost 2 bucks for a first quality diaper.

Yes I'm cheap, but I would rather spend my money on something else, like a new car or something I really want in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I would rather use a cheap diaper and pay 50 cents each like I'm doing now, than to spend almost 2 bucks for a first quality diaper.

Yes I'm cheap, but I would rather spend my money on something else, like a new car or something I really want in the future.
    Cheap diapers are not the same as the famous brands. Cheap diapers is no fun and leak easily

For saving money, I would like to use fewer diapers rather than use cheap diapers.

I meant 18's so they could go out and scout other sites, but anyone can, I just assumed that it was more likely that older people would have accounts at other sites because of some of them being 18+.

Darkfinn

Well... a valid question Alex.

From other sites I've surveyed and other DLs I've talked to... Abri X-plus is still #1 in the hearts and minds of a vast majority of people. They're not too expensive... are super-absorbant, and have become the "old standby" for many AB/DLs. A lot of people are satisfied with them and aren't looking for anything else in a diaper.

Bambinos have a large following as well... not as much as the Abris though. I see a lot of ABs buying them for the babyish look. Sure, they are comfortable, highly absorbant, and the tapes are far superior to what Abri uses... but when it comes right down to it you are paying for the look. To me... wearing 24/7 as I do... diapers are just a form of underwear... and I don't typically show them off to anyone but LuvsGurl... so looks matter less.

The Secure X-plus is practically the same diaper as Bambino... just without the baby look... and at a reduced price. If I had to live with one diaper for the rest of my life it would be the Secures. They are absorbant like an Abri without being as thick... the refastenable tapes are awesome for getting that perfect fit... and the price, while a bit steep, is justified by their overall quality.

The Dry 24/7s are the new diaper on the block... and are facing some tough competition. I've only seen a handful of posts about them on other sites. Their capacity is really top notch and they are soft and comfortable. The Dry 24/7 website advertises 10-hour holding power... and both LuvsGurl & I can attest to that. Put one on... go do whatever it is you want... all day... come home at night and change. However... I haven't actually ordered a case for myself yet as I am really reluctant to ditch my current Attends & Secure combo to try something else. Though I probably will when I get paid next.

The Dry 24/7s have one other thing going for them right now... price. A case is $75 to your door for 72 diapers. Way less than Secure or Bambino or even Abri. I will have to formulate a more rounded opinion of them when I actually order a case. But I can tell you that the ladies love them. LuvsGurl wears them around the house and when we go out in public. My new friend Jennifer is using them as well... and I have heard nothing but good things from both of them.

I guess I'll stick to ATN's then, cheap and good enough for me for my current ability to buy, which is none.

daria7483

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    To me... wearing 24/7 as I do... diapers are just a form of underwear... and I don't typically show them off to anyone but LuvsGurl... so looks matter less.
    EWWWW! TMI! Darkfinn and luvsgurl sittin' in a tree...

[QUOTE=diaperfans;65834]Cheap diapers are not the same as the famous brands. Cheap diapers is no fun and leak easily

If I wore diapers all day I would buy good diapers, I can't see wasteing money on good diapers for a few hours a day.

Tops for me is maybe 6 hours, and I have no problem getting 6 hours out of a cheap diaper, I use a microfiber towel as a stuffer, without the towel they won't make it, but for they are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alex View Post
    I guess I'll stick to ATN's then, cheap and good enough for me for my current ability to buy, which is none.
    Tranquility ATN are great diapers too, but not as absorbent as abena or secure (I don't have any experience with the new dry 24/7 ones). They are also more discrete than the thicker brands, and are definitely worth a try for times you don't have to or don't want to have a thick diaper on or will be able to change regularly.