Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: modeling

Default modeling

Is there any good free modeling program? I can not find any.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    Is there any good free modeling program? I can not find any.
    What exactly are you trying to model?

Humans, tables things for games. I am making a game with a friend of mine but we need to make models. He knows the scripting and i am going to start learning how to model.

I don't know if it is quite what you're looking for, but Google SketchUp is a free program. The textures are limited, but you might be able to do what you want to with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    I don't know if it is quite what you're looking for, but Google SketchUp is a free program. The textures are limited, but you might be able to do what you want to with it.
    I tried it and it wasnt very good. Thanks for trying to help though.

Quote Originally Posted by cavemans View Post
    I tried it and it wasnt very good. Thanks for trying to help though.
    Yeah, sorry about that. I know the thing is limited to what you can do, but you get what you pay (or don't pay) for I guess. Well, I did a little searching for alternatives, and came up with this. Maybe one of these might be more your fancy? It looks like it might be a little old, but some of these actually look pretty descent!

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/25-free...ould-not-miss/

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that. I know the thing is limited to what you can do, but you get what you pay (or don't pay) for I guess. Well, I did a little searching for alternatives, and came up with this. Maybe one of these might be more your fancy? It looks like it might be a little old, but some of these actually look pretty descent!

25 (Free) 3D Modeling Applications You Should Not Miss
    Thank you. I will test it out right now.

can always get a personal learning edition of maya that's a great modeling application made by the same people as 3DS Max

Blender is very good (it has been used in large scale movies), but has a pretty substantial learning curve. It's very keyboard driven... and until you know all the shortcuts, it is very hard to use.

It's also free and open source, which is a nice bonus

hmmm well i was thinking about using unreal develepment kit anyone know if that would work