Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New AB Print Diaper from BunteWindel partnering with ABU

Default New AB Print Diaper from BunteWindel partnering with ABU

What are your thoughts on the design? Although I'm not a fan of the giant website ads that run straight across diapers (instead of against the border), at least it's a nice childish font, which is a plus. If they can make some sort of front print (to cover that very out-of-style Secure™ print), the website link would be well placed right at the bottom edge of the front print. The character designs on the diaper seem very original and not so overpowering. There are only 2 colors, pastel blue and pink, which makes me believe it will appeal to ABs and sissies. :3 Even though there's only two colors, It surprisingly feels as though it doesn't need any more colors. Most baby diapers have 2 to 4 colors in their designs, but this design keeps it simple, yet effective. I really love the borderlines, because they aren't too wavy, colorful, nor complicated, giving it a soft, comforting look instead of busy and attention grabbing.

Some negative things that I don't like is mainly that it's printed on a Secure™ diaper with a medical-looking wetness indicator. Even though it is a Secure™, this tells me that it is very absorbent and reliable (in regards to not leaking). It could be printed on a more "blank" diaper or at least cover the Secure™ print.

I did read on the website (link below) that they are partnering with AB Universe for US and CA sales, but since it would be imported, you can expect the price for these things to be high D: And another thing that I would have liked to see on this is a more baby-like tape, but that's just my opinion :3
    Buntewindel Website Translated From German
    Last edited by afolfskynamedcal; 31-Mar-2011 at 05:21.

Hmm. I think it looks awesome. Bambinos are printed Secure diapers am I right?
    I like how it actually looks like a baby diaper. Really cool print. Pretty amateur photos though.
    I wish I lived in Germany. Peachy, make room. I'm your new flatmate.

They look like ABU Cushies just different print the only part not same is the design I would buy ABU before this then i will not have AD on it.

Apparently, ABUniverse distributes them in the US and Canada, although I don't see this particular diaper on their (ABUniverse's) site.

In my opinion, they are cute...I'd probably buy them if I could get them without buying through ABUniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    Bambinos are printed Secure diapers am I right?
    Actually, I think Bambino manufactures their own diapers. I remember reading about it somewhere on their website. Not sure where though.

As for the new diaper, I like the print itself, but I have to agree with the OP about the website url and the wetness indicator.

The url is a deal-breaker. What in God's name does any manufacturer think they'd accomplish by printing their website address on the front of a diaper they are trying to pitch as an AB-style print?

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    ... I would buy ABU before this then i will not have AD on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    The url is a deal-breaker. What in God's name does any manufacturer think they'd accomplish by printing their website address on the front of a diaper they are trying to pitch as an AB-style print?
    To babylife247 and WBDaddy, don't forget that Cushies also has the abuniverse URL on that diaper, and it's just about as big as the URL on this diaper, but it is over on the wing of the diaper and covered up by the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Apparently, ABUniverse distributes them in the US and Canada, although I don't see this particular diaper on their (ABUniverse's) site.
    Well, this diaper was announced on March 27th, so I think ABU is getting things ready for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    This is their way of trademarking the diaper. i guess if others see it you will know they sold it. it also prevents resales under a different brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBear View Post
    Actually, I think Bambino manufactures their own diapers. I remember reading about it somewhere on their website. Not sure where though.

As for the new diaper, I like the print itself, but I have to agree with the OP about the website url and the wetness indicator.
    There is no way to verify whether bambino manufactures their own diaper or contracts it out to an overseas manufacturer. I will say the cost involved in procuring the equipment for a niche retailer wouldn't make good business sense. I heard they source a Chinese manufacturer like every one else does and pays extra to go custom or what is called "manufactured to spec".

Quote Originally Posted by afolfskynamedcal View Post
    To babylife247 and WBDaddy, don't forget that Cushies also has the abuniverse URL on that diaper, and it's just about as big as the URL on this diaper, but it is over on the wing of the diaper and covered up by the tape.

Well, this diaper was announced on March 27th, so I think ABU is getting things ready for sale.
    Yes and they will eff up the pre order with this diaper like they did with the cushies and their other diaper brands before that. they have a habit of announcing a pre order date, raking in the cash and then leaving their customers hanging in the dark with out their orders for an extended period of time. I strongly warn against pre ordering from them. Oh and they will likely be cost prohibitive, given the fact they will be imported probably above wholesale prices. Expect them to be at least a 20 percent premium above cushies.

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    There is no way to verify whether bambino manufactures their own diaper or contracts it out to an overseas manufacturer. I will say the cost involved in procuring the equipment for a niche retailer wouldn't make good business sense. I heard they source a Chinese manufacturer like every one else does and pays extra to go custom or what is called "manufactured to spec".
    There are several threads that I've found stating that Bambinos and Secure Plus are the same diapers, made by the same company.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...o-diapers.html

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...tml#post186099

So, in other words, they do make their own diapers, but they already are in the medical diaper market, so that spreads their fixed costs out.