Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting over masturbation

Default Getting over masturbation

Hey guys I masturbate on a daily basis and I want to stop. It's like I am addicted to it. I think about it a lot. I don't want to make it seem like I hate it or like it's a bad thing but I want to clear my mind a little. For example: I would be in school and I would just start thinking about getting home and masturbating.

Has anyone else gone through this? What are your thoughts?

I've tried stopping before but I couldn't resist the urge after a few days. How do I resist?

It's just a way of releasing.. I do it daily as well.. Do you think about doing it again right after you've finnished?? or is it just once per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcboy91 View Post
    It's just a way of releasing.. I do it daily as well.. Do you think about doing it again right after you've finnished?? or is it just once per day?
    I think about doing it again right after. I usually do it 3 or 4 times a day.

AstroDL - you're 16, that's really considered pretty much normal to be obsessed with sex and masturbating at that age tbh. I'm sure most of the other people in your classes at school are thinking about getting home and getting off one way or another, rather than actually concentrating ;-) If you want to cut down, try doing it only once or twice a day rather than trying to go cold turkey. As long as you aren't feeling compelled to do it in public or anything like that, this problem should settle down when you're a few months older.

If you're not hurting yourself and you're still engaged with life, what's the harm? You're the best judge of whether it's a problem but don't be driven by guilt on it. It's a perfectly natural and healthy activity, don't make it into something shameful.

Masturbation is a very, very normal thing. In fact, your body NEEDS it. (Ever wake up a bit.... wet? Yeah. Your body forced a release.)

Masturbating 3-4 times a day isn't as bad as you think, either. Sure, masturbation can be addictive, but it's not harmful.
    It's an incredibly healthy activity, especially at your or my age.

Like Trevor explained, it's up to you to decide whether or not you should quit. If there is no harm and it's not interrupting your life, what's the matter?

Unfortunately, if you try to stop, you'll just end up thinking about it more.

The easiest and healthiest way to clear your mind of masturbation is, well... masturbation.

There are foods that help decrease sex drive, but unfortunately, they are all bad stuff such fats and carbohydrates. I would not recommend taking this path.

My only other suggestion is to distract yourself. Find something fun to do. If you are bored, you are more likely to want to masturbate. That is true for me anyway.

I agree with Trevor on this one. Teenagers are known to do that. Though no one says, it's true. It's just so taboo to talk about casually, no one's aware of the fact that it should be generally understood that any/every one does it.

Besides, if you're convinced that it's a bad thing, there's an article somewhere that says that people who do are generally in a better mood all-around. Don't make a basilisk of a garden snake.

I dont think it is a bad thing. I love it but I just want to slow it down a little. Sorry i didn't clarify that at first.