Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A medical question..

Default A medical question..

Odd thing happened to me this morning. Right around 5am, I wake up and feel like I need to pee. So, I walk to the bathroom, about 30 away, and begin to take care of business. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor! I blacked out and fainted! I banged up my shoulder a bit but other than that, no damage. I don't remember hitting the floor at all; I was pissing and then I was coming to on the linoleum. Any one else ever have this happen to them?

Err, only after spending an evening consuming way too much high-proof alcohol in way too short a time. If you just randomly blacked out, I would recommend getting to a doctor to get checked out, preferably with somebody else driving you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Err, only after spending an evening consuming way too much high-proof alcohol in way too short a time. If you just randomly blacked out, I would recommend getting to a doctor to get checked out, preferably with somebody else driving you.
    ^^ this. If it's alcohol, well, drink less. If it wasn't booze, run, don't walk, to your doctor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe anyone on here should be diagnosing this situation. Please see a doctor asap.

That once happened to me when I got up too fast after laying down for a while. I got really dizzy, completely lost my sense of balance and my vision was gone and I hit the floor. Almost killed my cat when I came down...Best to see a doctor if you are unsure about it.

Hmm, related!

Really though, we're not your doctor. s. Never ask the internet about serious issues, only things like

markie97

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I don't believe anyone on here should be diagnosing this situation. Please see a doctor asap.
    Yep, that's the only right answer.

My older brother had this several times (same symptoms) in the morning and it turned out he had low blood pressure (Hypotension)

But again: your doctor is the only one who can really diagnose you

Quote Originally Posted by pldc View Post
    Almost killed my cat when I came down...
    I'm sorry, but visualizing that made me laugh audiably at work. I'm glad the cats okay.

I made an appointment for tomorrow. I think it may have been getting up too quick, being somewhat dehydrated and a couple other factors all coming together. But tomorrow we shall see.

Dehydration and getting up too quick can cause these symptoms. Glad your gonna see the docotr.

When I stretch out, I sometimes lose track of my senses for a few seconds. I have fainted from it. Then I saw a doctor. (Good idea)
    I had my brain scanned, and a few blood tests done. There was nothing wrong with me, but the blood tests found that I have high cholesterol. It's not from poor diet, so it's genetic. Whatever.